Chapter 6

Monday:

Jasmin tried to rush down her stairs, called a cab, and setting her bag, all at once. She was late again, courtesy of a certain man who was present in her dreams too.

As she reached at the exit gate, she noticed a very familiar car, Aly got down from it, came up to her and took her bag, "Good morning Jasmin-ji, aapke driver sahab taiyar hai." He grinned at her and brought her to the passenger seat, "Aapko bas hukum karna hai, aur aapka kaam ho jayega."

Jasmin laughed at his antics, gave him a hug, and got in the car. "Chaliye toh fir, pehla stop- Mera office!"

Once they reached, Aly got down to help her and told her he'll come back to pick her up and for to not worry as he'll be nearby if she needs anything.

During the evening time, when he picked her ur, they went to those local food streets, had a snack or two and went back home. They both soon got into a routine of theirs where he'll pick and drop her with a stop of some new snacks almost daily. It became an event both looked forward to during the day.

_________________________

A month later:

Aly was going to pick Jasmin from her work when he got a call from Natalia, "Aly. Where are you? We were supposed to meet at the Lazeez Resturant today. Did you forget about it? Just like how you forgot that today's our one-year anniversary of our first date together."

He face-palmed and answered, "Nahi yaar maine kuch nahi bhula, even right now I'm looking for a gift for you." He had to lie so that she wouldn't be too angry at him. Just as he was about to cut the call, Jasmin entered the car and yelled out, "ALY! Tujhe pata hai kya hua aaj?"

Natalia hearing Jasmin's voice said, "You know what? You shouldn't even come today. Just go with that stupid girl who you like spending time with more than me." And hung up the phone on him.

Now Aly had the phone call on Bluetooth so Jasmin could hear everything, and she was going to apologise to him before he lashed out on her, "Kya zarurat thi tujhe aate hi kuch bolne ki? Chup nahi reh sakti thodi der ke liye? I knew I shouldn't have made this into a routine."

Jasmin felt her heart crack, "Maine kya kiya isme? I didn't know you were talking to her. Aur galti teri thi ki tu bhul gaya apne plan ke baare mein. Aur itna hi ganda lag raha hai na mujhe pick and drop karna toh I'm getting out right now and you can take your car and go away." She stomped out of the car, closed the door and went back inside the office.

Aly still being in anger, drove off leaving her.

Jasmin went inside her cabin, tried to look for cabs or any means to go back home but the Mumbai weather had caused every means either booked or blocked. She was almost going to call Bharti or Rahul to pick her up when a colleague from her office- Sahil, knocked on her door, "Hii, I'm Sahil, I've noticed that you're new here so I thought introduction kar lete hai." He grinned at her and brought his hand forward for a shake.

She replied, "Hello, I'm Jasmin."

"Nice name, tumhe bhi cab karne mein problem ho rahi hai? Because mere saath bhi yahi problem hai, I think it's about time I got my own car. How about we share one?" He suggested.

"Haan maybe agar dono saath mein dhundhe toh mil bhi jayega." She replied and got to her phone.

Soon they both were able to convince a cab driver and were on their way. Trying to start a conversation, Sahil introduced himself, "I'm 26, I work in the purchase department, Mumbai mein apne parents ke saath rehta hu, I know thoda lame hai but, and I'm currently single. Tum?"

She tapped her chin and "Ok so, I'm 24, work in the finance department, Mumbai mein akeli hu except for some friends, aur mein single hu ya nahi I won't tell you."

"Agar aap single nahi hote, toh there's no chance that your boyfriend will leave you alone to share a cab with some colleague." He said slyly.

She laughed at his attempt to flirt with her and shook her head and said, "Nice try, but I'm not looking for anything right now."

"Oh, yeh accha tarika hai to let someone down. And I get it, ab flirt nahi karunga." He raised him arms in surrender.

Jasmin's house was the first stop so she got down and paid for her half of the ride, "Bye Sahil, accha laga aapse milkar, maybe kal office mein milenge. Bye!"

He waved back and said, "Mujhe bhi accha laga, aur mein aapko dhundh lunga kal."

______________________

Around 10pm:

Jasmin got in her bed after a very tiring day, she just wanted to catch on some sleep before her brain started to overthink stuff and she loose her sleep.

Her phone started ringing on the dresser, upon checking the caller id she saw it was Aly. Still angry about how he behaved, she decided on not to pick up the call. Five minutes later, there were 10 missed calls on her phone.

She saw some text messages too from him, and read them from the notification bar itself,

Jasmin I'm sorry. 🥺- 9:45pm

Please maaf karde- 9:50pm

I promise abse kabhi nahi chillaunga tere pe-9:55pm

Yaar phone utha nahi toh mein tere ghar aaraha hu-9:56pm

Bas, ab toh mein nikal gaya-9:58pm

I'll reach your house in 10 minutes-10:05pm

She looked at the time and it was 10:13pm, she quickly got up to change from her crappy pyjamas and shorts, but before she could do anything there was loud knocks on her door. "Jasmin darwaza khol!
Open it warna I'll keep knocking loudly.
I'm really sorry yaar, mujhe nahi chillana chahiye tha tere par."

Not wanting to grab the attention of her nosy neighbors she opened the door and pulled him inside harshly, and since Aly was not expecting for her to open the door he lost his balance and they both started to fall, when he quickly twisted around so that he could break the fall and Jasmin was on top of him.

When Jasmin realised what was happening she closed her eyes and expected to fall on her back but when the pressure was on her front she looked down to see Aly holding her on top of him.

They both were lost in each other for a few moments, until they heard someone passing by. Jasmin got up and rushed to close the door and told Aly to get up.

____________________

Hiii everyone! Sorry for the delay, been going through a little bit of trouble in finding good ideas, if any of you wants to leave some suggestions, please do.

Hope you like this chapter, it is kind of a filler one, the next update has the juicy details 🙈.

Please do leave a vote, comment and share the story if you like it 💕