Chapter 16

At the Library Café

Ahaan entered the café early this time, not wanting to repeat his mistake, he was there around 1:45pm, got a table for two, and messaged Jasmin.

Hii, I've reached the café. ~Ahaan

Ok, I'll be there in 10 minutes. ~Jasmin

Jasmin and Aly were on their way when she got the text from Ahaan, she felt maybe the guy was not all bad since he showed up early this time around. She turned towards Aly and told him to drive faster, "Kya kar raha hai Aly, thoda jaldi nahi chala sakta?" She huffed in her seat and folded her arms.

Aly chuckled at her behaviour, pinched her cheek, "Meri maa, chala raha hu na."

Soon they reached the café and noticed something similar about it while entering. Jasmin pulled on Aly's T-shirt, "Aly? Yeh thodi jaani jaani si jagah nahi lag rahi tujhe?"

Aly looked around and immediately remembered why there were finding this place familiar. He pointed at the sofa in the corner, "Apan baarish mein yahi pe toh aaye the. Jab tujhe baithna tha. Bhul gayi?"

"Haaa." She rubbed her head and tried to control the blush coming onto her face, she remembered how she sat on his lap and slept.

They were walking past a table when she saw a guy waiting and looking around, she pulled Aly in that direction and asked, "Ahaan?"

Ahaan saw two people entering the café, his eyes first went to the girl, 'she looks really pretty' he thought and saw that the guy had his arm around her shoulder and he asked her something, leaving her face in a blush. What he was not expecting was for that girl to be Jasmin. He couldn't form a response for some seconds and just nodded at her.

"Hii, I'm Ahaan." He brought his hand forward for a handshake. Jasmin shook his hand and introduced Aly, "Hii mein Jasmin aur yeh mera dost Aly."

Aly nodded at him and got 2 chairs out for them to sit.

"So?" Ahaan got all awkward, not knowing what to say

"Hmm? How are you? I actually don't remember ki apan bachpan mein kab mile. Mumma toh aise bol rahi thi ki we've been best friends or something." Jasmin started ranting and tried to break the ice.

Both Aly and Ahaan laughed at that and Ahaan nodded to her, "I'm good. Meri bhi mom aise hi boli, and jitna mujhe yaad hai, I think apan ek baar mile the jab you guys came for a vacation to Chandigarh."

"Accha? Fir thik hai, nahi toh I thought ki meri memory loss ho gayi thi." Jasmin said and scratched her head slightly.

"Jasmin kya bol rahi hai tu." Aly laughed loudly at her statement.

"Haan Aly aisa hota hai, Ghajini movie nahi dekhi tune?" She gasped loudly.

He flicked her forehead, "Chup kar, kuch bhi bol rahi hai."