Chapter 13

Hi. Is this Jasmin's number? ~unknown.

Who's this? ~Jasmin

I'm Ahaan. ~Ahaan

Oh, yeah this is me. ~Jasmin

Thank god sahi number mila. ~Ahaan

Meri mom aapko galat number kyu deti? ~Jasmin

Woh, ek alag hi story hai. ~Ahaan

Accha. ~Jasmin

So ~Ahaan

So? ~Jasmin

Milne ka plan? ~Ahaan

Umm, sure. How about Saturday at Bird's view café? ~Jasmin

Yeah no problem. Say around 5pm? ~Ahaan.

Ok 👍🏻 ~Jasmin

___________________________

The next day was a Friday, and as usual Aly came to pick her up. Jasmin was rushing around, being late Aly was calling her downstairs. She got in the car soon, huffing and took a breath, "Good morning Aly!" She gave him a side hug and leaned her head back.

"Good morning Jasmin." He started the car and went off.

"Tujhe pata hai kya?" She gasped suddenly, and swatted his arm.

Aly turned towards her, held her arm in his lap, and asked "Kya pta hoga mujhe meri jaan?"

She laughed at his response and told him about Ahaan's texts last night. She could feel her hand getting squeezed tighter every second, but didn't say anything until it started to hurt. "Aly dard ho raha hai, kya kar raha hai?"

He suddenly let go of her hand and rubbed it over face, trying to calm down, he didn't know how to react to this meet up of theirs. "Sorry yaar." He took her hand that he was holding earlier and gave a kiss at the back of her hand.

"Chill maar na. Mein konsa usse kal hi shaadi kar rahi hu?" She rubbed her hand soothingly over his cheek.

"Hmm. Pta hai. Par agar woh accha ladka nahi nikla toh? Tu kisi stranger se milne jaa rahi hai. Accha nahi lag raha." He mumbled and tried to focus on the road.

"Toh I'll call you. Jis second mujhe acchi vibes nahi aayengi." She shrugged and answered him.

"Thik hai. Waise bhi ho tune café choose kiya hai na, waha pe bohot acchi coffee milti hai." He said.

"Huh?" She was confused for a second but just nodded her head along with what he was talking about.

___________________________

Saturday, 3pm

'Phone uthalo please' she kept hoping for Bharti to pick up her phone call. "Hello?" She heard Bharti's voice through the phone.

"Hello Bharti? Free hai Abhi? Mujhe teri help chahiye, kuch samajh nahi aaraha hai." She spoke quickly.

"Arre jiji, thoda dheere bologe? Mujhe sirf hello sunayi diya." Bharti made light of the situation.