Chapter 12

Mia's POV:

Harry hasn't talked to me for a while.

It's felt like months but in reality it's been about a week and a few days.

I'm not sure if he needs time to adjust to the fact that the public knows about his new friendship with me, or if he's just ignoring me, but I don't like it. I still haven't been identified, so that's a good thing.

I feel so bad, like there is something I could do to make it all better.

But I can't.

I'm starting to think that he's so upset that he will stop talking to me altogether.

I also passed out again at work on Thursday.

I didn't realize I haven't been eating.

Thankfully, Cindy was working that day and knew what to do. Later, I got my ass chewed out by Audrey for not eating.

Megan, Grayce, and Elli, immediately knew it was me in the paparazzi photos with Audrey, Louis, and Harry, so I got many phone calls from them asking about how the night was.

Right now, I'm on my way to pick up Elli from the airport. She's staying with us over the holidays.

Dree wanted to come with me but she had a business meeting with her boss. So she made me promise that I would text her and update her about my whereabouts.

Audrey has been spotted everywhere with Louis for the past week. They've been shopping and got frozen yogurt together, and the media is losing their shit over it.

I'm so glad they're together, and they both look really happy. They already act like an old married couple.

I pull up to an open spot at the airport and patiently wait for Elli. I'm a little early, but it shouldn't be too long.

I reach for my phone and go to my playlists. I click shuffle on one of my favorites called "convenient inconvenience". A song plays over the car speakers and I close my eyes for a moment, enjoying the tune. I love music. I feel like there is a song for every emotion you feel, even if you don't know what you're feeling.

I open my eyes again and go to check my texts.

My stomach drops when I see Harry's name.

I take a deep breath and open the chat.

"Hey Mia."

Not what I was expecting.

Part of me just wants to ignore him for not even trying to talk to me for the past week, but another part of me is disregarding that fact because I miss him. A lot.

So I reply.

"Hi H"

For a few minutes, I watch the three little dots on my phone, showing that he's typing a response.

He must have a lot to say. He should have a lot to say.

Finally, his text shows up, and I reluctantly read it.

"I'm so sorry for not talking to you these past few days. I've been busy with a lot of things, especially at the studio. But I've also been focusing a lot on our situation, and was trying to give you some time to think about everything."

I type my response, "Think about everything? What does that mean?"

He sends back, "I want to make sure that you want to go through with this 100%. I don't want you to get hurt, so I was giving you time to think about whether you wanted to be associated with me or not."