Chapter 17

Mia's POV:

"I've gotta make a call, I'll be back in a sec."

"Ohhh, are you gonna talk to your boyfriend? What? Is he too famous for me?"

I roll my eyes, "For being 18 you have the maturity of a 10 year old, Eve."

She laughs, "I'll always be 10 to you. You're just scared of getting old."

I made it home. I'm finally back in my hometown with my family. I got here yesterday night, and haven't called Harry yet. My family has been bombarding me with questions that I don't even know the answers to.

I have a love-hate relationship with this town. It's full of self righteous gossipers and bullshit administrators. But there are a few good people. And they are the ones that make me want to come back.

Al and Naleia live in a different city that's not far away, and they're gonna be here around 5 for dinner.

But I decided to start off today with a cup of tea. It was peaceful. It snowed yesterday, and the scent of cinnamon lingers throughout the house. My happy place.

Until Eve. Since when did she wake up before 1 p.m?

She claimed that she would leave and do "much better things" but because of the snow, she doesn't want to.

"C'mon."

"What?" I observe her deceiving face.

"Let me talk to him. I want to see what my big sister is getting herself into," she purses her lips and pinches my cheeks at the last part.

I slap her hands away, "No, because if I let you talk to him, then Mom is gonna want to talk to him. And then Dad. And then everyone is going to expect me to keep bothering him. I'll feel bad."

"Psh," she rolls her eyes, "They're never gonna know."

"They're gonna know," I state.

"We'll just go in the garage. You can't hear anything from in there."

"It's fucking freezing out there," I scrunch my nose.

She squints her eyes, and I can already tell she has some stupid plan.

"Hey Mom!" she shouts.

"Evie, shut the fu-" I whisper-shout, but she puts a finger in my face, telling me to be quiet. She then stands up from her bar stool at the kitchen counter and grabs a pair of keys off of the counter top.

I hear Mom's muffled voice from the bathroom, "What Sweetie?"

She smirks, "Mimi and I have some errands to run, we'll be back in a bit. Do you need anything from the store?" she yells back.

Of course. She wants to leave the house to talk to Harry.

I follow Evie to the front door, and we both begin to put on our shoes. I then grab our coats and tote bags off of their hooks, and hear Mom say, "Just milk! I'll call you if I need something else!"

I put on my beanie and smack Eve on the head, "ow!" she barely yells.

"Bye Mom, love you," we both say before heading out of the front door.

I hurry into the passenger side of the car, letting Evie drive me. It's freezing.

"I don't even know why I'm listening to you," I huff. "Do you want to talk to him now?"

She smiles lopsidedly, "No. I'll wait til we get to the store."

I furrow my eyebrows, "In the store?"