Chapter 37

Mia's POV:

"We're almost there, Mr. Styles," the driver speaks from the front of the vehicle. This is the same man who had to order for Harry and I in the drive thru at In-N-Out. He's such a trooper.

"It's okay, Terry, you can drop the 'professional' act. You don't have to impress this one," Harry says, and waves his hand in my direction.

I quirk an eyebrow and look between them. I'm sitting diagonal from the driver's seat so I have a good view of H, who's sitting next to me, and Terry.

As Terry is driving, I can see his lips form a smile. "I figured. She doesn't seem like the type."

I squint my eyes. "What 'type'?" Terry hasn't really talked much, but I just thought he was quiet.

"Harry here likes to impress ladies by acting fancy. I usually have to make him look good by calling him 'Mr. Styles'," Terry explains. "You don't seem like the type to buy that stuff."

Harry chuckles. "You make it sound worse than it is."

I nod. "Ah. I see. And when was the last time he had another lady in the vehicle, Terry?"

The car slows and I look through the windshield to see a gate in front of us. Terry laughs. "How long have you two been together?" He rolls down his window to enter a code onto a little keypad.

I glance at Harry, who suddenly looks nervous as to what Terry is going to say. "About five months. Almost six. Officially, that is," I answer. The gate opens and the car moves once again.

"About seven months ago, then," Terry responds.

My jaw drops. I know he's joking, but if he wasn't, then that would mean Harry was bringing girls to his house in November. And if I remember correctly, our first kiss was in mid-November. Not that bad, but it would still sting.

Harry shakes his head and looks at me, pointing toward Terry. "He's lying, Hav. I swear."

I suppress a laugh. "Thank you, Terry. I'll have to discuss this with him when we get home."

Terry chuckles. "I like this one. She's better than the one you brought seven months ago."

Harry sighs. "You're gonna get me in trouble, Terrance."

The vehicle comes to a stop and Terry puts it in park. "Give 'em hell, Miss." I laugh and H squeezes my knee.

"Please don't," he half-begs.

The doors unlock. "Would you like help with your bags?" Terry questions.

H shakes his head. "We're alright, Terry. Thank you for everything." Harry leans forward drops something on Terry's lap. I glance to see a one-hundred dollar bill there.

Terry looks down and shakes his head. "This is unnecessary, Harry."

H shakes his head and opens his car door. "S'not. Tell Midge I say hello, yeah?"

Terry nods. "Absolutely. Thank you. Call me if you need me."

Harry gets out of the car and walks to the back of the vehicle. I quickly shuffle through my bag and grab twenty dollars and put my hand in front of Terry so he can take it.

Terry shakes his head and waves me away. "Harry already tipped me, no need," he turns so he can look at me.

"I know," I respond. "He's not responsible for me. Sorry it's not one-hundred dollars. It's all I have on me."

He shakes his head again. "It's all alright, I don't need anything."

I shake my head back. "Just make sure you give me more info on who he's bringing home when I'm not here, yeah?" I smile and set the money on the center console.