Chapter 54

Harry's POV:

I wish I could say I was as cool as Haven. Maybe before tonight, I could've said it. But I underestimated how cool she is, and I will never do it again.

We went to Dana's dinner party. It was at an Italian restaurant in the Upper East Side. It was business casual, as Dana assured us. I went with my usual: a white button down (half-open) and simple, navy blue trousers. It's July, so I rolled up the sleeves a little.

Haven, though. Haven went with this beautiful light-blue dress that had dainty flowers on it. She left her hair down and just— she looked gorgeous.

When Hav and I have gone to dinners, they have all been because of something I had to do for work or because someone I knew invited us. This was different, though. This was a dinner that Haven was invited to. I was the plus-one this time.

We arrived just on time, and mostly everyone was seated at the table in the private room Dana had reserved. When we walked through the door, everyone at the table stopped. But their eyes didn't go to me. They went to Haven. Every single person in the room was in awe of her. It was an odd feeling to not be the center of attention, but I loved it. I loved it when everyone individually acknowledged her. An eruption of excited heys came our way.

I was so glad when Hav walked over to where Dana was seated and set down the gift basket next to her. She delivered the present with such grace— she didn't want to make it obvious that she bought such a big gift for Dana, but everyone subtly noticed the action and was happy to know that Hav really cares.

Hav leaned over and gave Dana a big hug, not wanting to make her stand. I trailed behind my girlfriend like a nervous puppy, but felt the welcoming presence of everyone in the room. Dana stretched out her arms to give me a hug as well.

We sat down at two empty seats near Dana. There were possibly twenty-five people at the table, and each of them addressed Haven at some point in the night.

"I'm so sad I don't get to see you at Hippie Haven anymore!" said a woman who apparently owned a different book store and loved Hav's shop. "You have to stop by and visit soon. There's a new seventies-style shipment we have coming in. You're still welcome to do a shoot for our website," added another smiling woman that owns a well-known vintage clothing store. I never realized how much networking Haven did to get to where she is now with her business. There were at least ten major business owners in the room. Every single one either told Hav that they miss her, or that the offer for her to model or work with them still stands.

Dana's close family was there as well— just her husband and her sister since she never had any children. It made me realize that Hav is the main girl that Dana got to watch grow from a young-adult to a full independent businesswoman. Dana helped Hav a lot when she was opening Hippie Haven. Hav realizes that, and treats her as a mother-figure. Haven was one of the first people that Dana called when the store caught on fire. We found out that she called Haven before she called her own husband.

She introduced me as her boyfriend. "Who's this young man?" asked Dana's sister.

Hav smiled. "This is my boyfriend, Harry Styles."

I expected a few heads to turn when my name was mentioned, but they didn't. People kept on with their conversations. It made me smile. I love attention but only when it comes to fans and close family and friends. I don't like to be treated differently, and that didn't happen tonight.

When other people asked who I was, Hav said the same thing. We'd get an occasional "Mr. Styles, I've heard a lot about you. How'd you score a woman like our Mia?"

Sometime, when young Mia Haven Carter came to New York City and didn't know what to do or where to go, she found these people. They loved her so much that they became a part of her life forever. I didn't realize how often she kept in touch with many of these people. At least once every one-to-two months she texts, she calls, or she visits them at their businesses. She cares. And they love that she cares. She became a part of their New York business family.