Chapter 59

Mia's POV:

"Mommy Mommy Mommy!"

I hear the squeals from the living room. I smile at the sound of my name.

"Yes, Darlings?" I shout from the play room. We've been in here all day. I've loved every second.

"Mommy, come here!" Percy yells. I hear more squeals and giggles.

I smile and stand from my spot at the tea table. As soon as I reach the hallway, I hear more giggles and a deeper voice whispering "Shhhh."

I smile harder when I realize that it's Harry. He's home from work.

I follow the giggles into the living room. They were just supposed to come in here to grab blankets for nap time, but they didn't come back. I'm guessing they're up to something.

I turn the corner and spot my babies on the couch, sitting on a very lumpy blanket.

"What are you two up to?" I say pointedly.

Stevie giggles. "Nothing, Mommy. Come sit."

I purse my lips and narrow my eyes at them. With my hands on my hips, I eye them down. It just makes them giggle harder.

"Okay..." I say suspiciously. I reach the couch and sit on the lumpy blanket right in between them. I try not to laugh as soon as I hear Harry groan.

"Hey, what was that?" I ask, pretending like I have no idea we're all sitting on Harry.

Stevie and Percy just squeal and giggle.

"Wait a second..." I continue. "This blanket is awfully lumpy."

Stevie and Percy laugh even harder. Percy climbs into my lap and Stevie stays sitting on Harry. I stand up carefully, biting back a smile when I watch Harry's body shake in laughter.

I hold Percy on my hip as I slowly lift the blanket.

"Ah!" I fake squeal. I watch Harry burst into laughter. "There's a man under there!"

Percy and Stevie lose it. Their childish laughter twists my heart every which way. They gasp for air in between laughs— that's how hard they're laughing.

"It's Daddy!" Percy cries in laughter.

"Nuh-uh!" I prostest.

"Yuh-huh!" Stevie counters.

I pick up the blanket again and move it back to see Harry better.

"Ah! What's Daddy doing down there?" I ask in surprise.

Stevie squeals and Harry turns his body so that he's lying on his back. He's still grinning. Our little girl climbs up into his lap and Harry holds her there.

I sit down with Percy on the edge of the cushion, right next to H and Vie.

"When did Daddy get home?" I ask the both of them. Harry looks back and forth between them. Then he looks at me, a sparkle in his emerald eyes.