Chapter 53

Mia's POV:

"Mia, where did you get that bruise from your Central Park photos?" he asks.

Fun fact: While I was on my walk a few weeks ago, on the phone with Jay, someone took a photo of me in my sports bra.

Another fun fact: Everybody is asking where I got the bruise.

Even more fun facts: There are so many rumors about the bruise that I can't keep up with them. Like I got mugged and someone punched me. Like I couldn't have possibly been mugged because the bruise wasn't shaped like one from a punch. I got shoved down the stairs. I fell in the shower. And everything in between.

"How is your relationship with Harry?" she asks.

"Do you guys live together?" he asks.

"What's it like dating the world's favorite star?" she asks.

I keep walking. "I'm sorry, guys," I smile sympathetically. "I can't answer your questions today."

Let's rewind.

Harry and I are back in New York. We have been for a few days. He's been busy with meetings. I've been busy with work and helping Dana— the reopening of the book store is today and there's a dinner party tonight.

In fact, we've been so busy that we collectively forgot that the release of that magazine issue that Harry did a few months back was today. He mentioned it a few days ago, talking about how his media team was posting on Instagram for it, but we forgot.

I've been running errands in the city this morning— I've been getting a basket together for Dana since she's worked so hard on the children's section of the store— and these lovely people came up to me and started asking questions. They have cameras, of course. There's only two of them. But I'm scared that if I continue on with my errands, they'll just keep following me.

This is the same magazine issue where Harry confirmed that we're dating. I have yet to read the interview portion of the magazine— actually, I haven't even seen the magazine. But now that our relationship has been confirmed, there's been questions.

"Are you sure? Where are you going?" the woman asks.

I keep walking. This is stressful. My hands are full and I'm trying to hurry.

"One question, please," the man adds.

I know I shouldn't talk to them. I know I shouldn't.

Keep walking, Mia. Keep walking.

I'm not media trained like Harry. I don't want to get him in trouble by talking to these people. I need to get a cab.

At least I'm in a cute outfit. Baggy overalls and a tank top. A "Don't Trip" hat to go with it.

"What did you think of the magazine?" the woman continues.

I keep walking but glance at her. "Do you have it?" I question.

She holds her camera and looks at me with wide eyes. She's surprised I'm talking.

"The magazine?" she replies.

I nod. "Yeah. Do you have it?"

She stutters and the man speaks up. He points his camera at me. "I have it!" He holds up the magazine in his hand.

I smile. "Do you mind if I take it? I'd like to have a copy."

Am I being stupid for talking to them? Definitely. Do I want a copy? Yeah.

He hesitates at first, shocked at my reply.

"It's okay if not," I say.

He shakes his head. "No. Yeah. Take it." He holds it out and I nod, struggling to grab a hold of it because of the groceries in my hands. I get it nonetheless.