Chapter 19

Mia's POV:

I'm honestly surprised H said yes to going out tonight. I thought he was super stressed and wanted a relaxing night in. But maybe a night out is just what he needs. I'll be his distraction.

I've started by putting on this outfit. H told me to wear black, so that we could be somewhat matching. So, I put on black.

Now, the outfit I'm wearing is definitely not something I would have thought of, but Audrey picked it out, and for the first time in a little while, I feel really good.

She put me in leather pants, that may seem uncomfortable, but they're actually not bad at all. But she also put me in a black/mesh corset top. I've worn the pants before, but I completely forgot I owned this corset. I also have a little black suit jacket to put over it if I get cold. I probably won't take it, just so I don't lose it.

Audrey is wearing a really cute mini-dress that looks perfect on her.

I left H's house around 3 to clean up around my apartment and get ready. I haven't stayed at the apartment since I've been back in New York, and I'm not mad about it.

H seemed really excited about tonight, so I hope everything goes well. He said that the club we're going to is pretty well known, and quite a few celebrities go there. He also said that a lot of celebrities means a lot of paparazzi.

I told him that if he's worried about the paps then I don't have to go, but he shot me down immediately. He said that he doesn't care about the paps, he cares about me, and didn't want me to be uncomfortable. So we agreed that we'd ignore everyone and just focus on us tonight.

A car is going to pick up Audrey and at 8:30, and a different car is going to pick me up at 9. That way, we get to the club at different times so it's a little less hectic with everyone going in at the same time.

I think H mentioned something about some of his other friends that are gonna be there. He said he wants to introduce me to more people.

I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I want to impress everyone and make Harry happy to stand next to me.

I made sure to let Elli know that she can come, too. If Harry can get me into this "A-list" club then I can get her in, too.

She said she'd think about it, which I'm sure is a yes.

I guess Harry also invited Mitchell and Sarah, but they were gonna be out of town for the night.

"Mia," I hear Audrey shout from the front door, "Lou is here. I'm gonna head out. I'll see you soon, love you," she yells.

I quickly walk out of my bedroom door and carefully run to the living room, acknowledging the heels I'm wearing. She stands in front of the open door and smiles as I hug her goodbye, "Be careful."

"I will," she lets go of me with a reassuring nod, and heads out of the door.

I walk back to my room and grab my wallet, going through a mental checklist to make sure I have everything. I'll probably make H hold my wallet in his pocket, just because I don't wanna lose it.

Before I know it, I get the text from H. "Here"

I smile and walk out of the door, making sure to lock it behind me.

When I reach the bottom of the stairs, I see a dark figure standing outside of the lobby doors. By the height of it, I know it's Harry.

I open the door and am greeted by a very graceful smile. As beautiful as ever. The winter air knocks the wind out of me, causing my breath to hitch. I probably should've brought the jacket.