Chapter 36

Mia's POV:

"Ladies and gentlemen, we have landed at Los Angeles International Airport at 3:27 p.m. in Los Angeles, California. Please stay seated until the plane comes to a full stop and the seatbelt signs are turned off. Have a great day and thank you for flying United."

I look over at Harry excitedly and he smiles. "Welcome to California, Haven."

I grin and squeeze his hand. We gathered our bags before we landed, so all we have to do is grab our carry-on luggage from the overhead bins.

Harry and I spent most of our time on the flight sleeping and laughing at media articles about ourselves.

A week-and-a-half ago, Harry went to the store to get Hadley's diapers, and those girls took a photo of him from a distance. About two days later, that photo of him was everywhere. He was trending on Twitter for 48 hours and he made an appearance on a weekly edition of People magazine.

Everybody thought I was pregnant or that I secretly had a baby.

As far as I know, neither of those things are true.

When that happened, we truly underestimated how out of hand the rumors would get. There were even people saying that I had a child with a previous boyfriend and Harry was just being a supportive best friend.

To shoot the rumors down, the day before Al, Naleia and Hadley left, we all went out for ice cream and a walk.

Harry's PR team sent a tip to some paparazzi company, or whoever does all of that stuff, and said that Harry was out with my family and I.

Within 20 minutes, there was a pap across the street.

Of course, Al and Naleia had agreed to doing this beforehand. We made sure they were completely okay with doing it before we took any further steps.

Honestly, it was kind of like getting free family photos.

As much as I should hate the paparazzi photos, some of them were cute. My favorite was one of H and I looking at Hadley in her stroller. Al and Naleia were beside us, laughing at Hadley, Harry, and I. Hadley couldn't be seen in the photo because we wanted to make sure she wouldn't be exposed, but the joyful looks on H and I's faces were perfect. Everyone looked really happy. There was some good in that moment of stress.

The dating rumors have gotten worse, but they aren't rumors anymore. The main thing is that the baby rumors are no longer existent. It was made very clear that Harry and I were just helping with my niece.

With the diaper photo bombshell and Al and Naleia leaving New York last week, H and I had barely any peace.

All last week he had meetings and I had work at night. Our schedules haven't really been lining up, and I hate that we're in the same city but feel thousands of miles away.

Yesterday, Harry got a call from Jeff. A magazine company- I think Variety- I'm not really sure, had someone do a last-minute cancel. Harry was scheduled to do a shoot for the cover of the magazine in two months, but since the person cancelled, they were wondering if he could do it a month early.

Jeff told Harry that he should definitely go to LA if he could make it, so H said yes and asked me if I would like to join him.

I haven't been to LA before, and Harry practically begged me to go with him so that he could show me his house and we could have just a few days on the beach.

I couldn't say no. I've said no twice before, and I didn't want to again. The beach with Harry? No-brainer.

We packed last night and just landed. Harry is really excited to show me around. He said that I could go to his dressings and shoots for the magazine since it would take a lot of time during the day. He then said that we have the nights to ourselves. We only plan to stay for four days, so I'm going to make the most out of all of them.