Chapter 56

Mia's POV:

I thought maybe it would be best if I gave Harry some space after his meeting ended. Audrey and I shopped for a while and after we were done, I decided to go back to our apartment to clean. I only stay there once every month. At most. Audrey doesn't go there much either. Whenever I worked a lot, I stayed there. But I only work online anymore. Ordering new things for the shop and whatnot. And I go to the store about four times a week after hours to check on things and organize. I don't even stay too late.

Apparently, not being at Harry's apartment when he got done was not a good idea.

I got the text first.

"Where are you?"

I answered, "my place. how was your meeting?"

The response came quick. "Good. I thought my semi-antidote would be here when I got home."

I smiled at my phone. That nickname. "well, your semi-antidote is cleaning. she figured you'd be tired from your meeting and you'd want some alone time."

"My favourite alone time is when I'm with you."

I smiled again. "you can come over if you'd like. hang out in this little apartment. maybe it would humble you."

"Maybe tonight after our date."

"oh? date?"

"8 pm. Be ready. Dress comfy."

I liked the idea of dressing comfy. And I liked the idea of a date. Harry's surprises make me excited. It feels like we're going on our first date again.

I guess our first date was lunch at that Italian restaurant. And then we went to Hippie Haven afterwards. A very simple, very real first date for anyone. We may be the new "Couple of the Year" according to E! News and People magazine, but our relationship has a normal beginning. And besides the cameras, it's been normal since. Well, as normal as any drama-filled relationship.

I'm waiting. Sitting on the couch in my apartment living room, I remember the time I sat here with Elli before going on that planetarium date with H. This apartment was so alive. Audrey's music playing in the hallway. Lights on in the kitchen where cookies were baking. Elli's favorite movies playing on the TV. It feels so alone now.

I guess that's part of growing up. We have serious relationships now. Our lives have changed and we're staying with our boyfriends in their penthouses. We think about our futures more than we think about the apartment we still share. Hell, we still pay rent, but each of us only comes here a few times a month.

We don't have many sleepovers anymore. The "Bad Bitchez" group chat hasn't been used in months. I don't talk to Megan. Neither does Audrey and Elli. Gray hasn't called me. From my understanding, she doesn't associate with Megan either.

Elli is with Niall. He took her to meet his family and she said she's "never been happier." She loved Ireland and wants to go back. Niall has met Elli's mom. She's already giving Elli the veil from her and Elli's father's wedding. She cried when she did it. Elli's jewelry business is booming, and she wants to expand and put some locations in Europe. She's using it as an excuse for Niall to take her to his home in London. I'm so proud of her. She's so happy.

Audrey is with Louis. We all know how that is. They love each other like no one else in the world exists. Audrey went to England to meet Louis' family this summer. Louis' sisters love her. It's the best dynamic from what I hear. Louis has met her family, too. Her younger siblings love messing with him, and he loves it whether he admits it or not. She's still designing graphics for other companies. I'm proud of her, too. I love her to death.