Chapter 22

Harry's POV:

She disappears behind the elevator doors, her tears continuing to stain her cheeks. The tears that I caused.

"Fuck!" I scream, running my hands through my hair to prevent myself from hitting something.

I rapidly push the down button to the elevator, hoping that the elevator will come back up and she'll be right here.

I'm so fucking stupid. So, so stupid.

How did I- I don't even know what I'm doing. I stop desperately hitting the elevator button and search around the apartment for a few things. I do everything at a running pace, trying to take as least time as possible to get her back.

I pause for a moment in the kitchen, looking at the glass of water that she filled in front of me.

She didn't even take a sip.

The ice cubes in it are melting, and the condensation is running down the side of the cup. I'm running out of time.

I don't even grab a coat. I grab my phone, my wallet and my-

I stop to stare at the bowl of keys.

She didn't take her keys.

She's out, walking in the freezing cold, alone on the streets of New York.

My heart races to the point where I feel like I'm about to have a panic attack.

This is my fault.

I pushed too far. I didn't mean to.

Tears fall out of my eyes at a faster pace, blurring all of my actions.

I walk down the hallway, taking a quick glance at myself in the mirror. My hair is messy, my cheeks are red, my eyes are puffy, my nose is runny. I feel sick.

I get in the elevator, and hit the button to the parking garage. I hope she hasn't gotten too far.

If she gets hurt, I- I will never, for the rest of my existence, be able to forgive myself.

I try to call her, but it goes straight to voicemail like I expected.

My chest rises and falls too quickly for my comfort. My mind picturing every terrible outcome of this situation.

I won't blame her if she leaves me after this, I just want her to be safe.

She's been so understanding, and I- I convinced her that I'm mad at her because she doesn't love herself.

God, I don't know how she can't love herself.

She's so lovable.

All I wanted was for her to finally appreciate how wonderful she is as a human being. But the way I executed it was so awful that now she's cold, heartbroken, and unsafe.

Please, please be okay, Haven.

Mia's POV:

I'm not exactly sure where I am. I feel numb.

Not just because I'm freezing, but because Harry and I's relationship might not be the same after tonight.

My mind is fixed on my flaws and insecurities.

I think about how Harry described me, and I think about how I view myself.

I tell people I love them. I appreciate the small things. I check on people. But I don't do it with the purpose of wanting to be seen as beautiful. I do it because I'm selfish. I'm scared that one day, it'll be my last day present in this life, and after I'm gone, someone will think that they didn't mean much to me. I could rest much easier if everyone knew how appreciated they are.