𝟎𝟎𝟏 | Moments to Memories

· · ─────── ·✞· ─────── · ·

Emmalyn Tate once had it easy in her life, she had a sweet mother and a playful father that created the perfect memories from moments. But then their lives were uprooted when Zacharias Tate lost his job and was left to drag his family off to Alice's family home in a small redneck town of Georgia. And Zacharias turned to drinking which came with anger and shame that lead to him losing his patience with his wife. Emmalyn had been stunned to a frozen state the first time she watched her father put his hands on his wife; then she found her mother in the attic with no breath on her lips and a rope that held tighter than her will to live in the monster house.

With Alice safe in the meadows of Angels, Emmalyn was left behind under the harsh glare of her empty father. And it was only bound to escalate further which lead to a night that resulted in Emmalyn meeting Merle and Daryl Dixon. Emmalyn knew of the stories her mother told her about Hank Dixon and the man he used to be, she could see some of the positive traits in the boys mixed in with the outcomes of living with an abusive father. With the shared demons, Emmalyn and the Dixon brothers had become the best of friends; especially Emmalyn and Daryl who were closer in age compared to Merle who played protector for both of them.

But the positive moments they shared didn't last forever for Emmalyn's artistic skills lead to an amazing opportunity for her in the city where she could study and improve her skills. She wasn't sure what she was going to do, she could take the opportunity and head into the city to change her life and escape her father's way completely or she could stay and hold strong against him in order to not leave the Dixon boys and their other friends behind. Emmalyn had a limited time to make the decision and so she knew exactly who to go to for the advice she needed, someone who had been helpful in the past and is surely to be honest and blunt in regards to her uncertain mind.

· · ─────── ·✞· ─────── · ·

Emmalyn fixed her hair into a ponytail before wrapping her hand with tape, she lifted her gaze to her opponent with a smirk. She dodged his first punch and managed to swipe his side with a kick, he attempted to throw another punch towards her stomach causing her to step back before throwing a right hook into his face making him stumble back. She smiled lightly before focusing on the fight at hand, they both continued getting a few hits while dodging others.

After an hour of training, Emmalyn was removing the tape from her knuckles as sweat dripped down her forehead. "Ya getting a lot better," A light Southern voice made her turn, Jason Smith stood there with an impressed smirk on his face. She smiled, "Guess I got a good teacher though he could stand to quicken his reflexes and lessen his strength in hits." She rubbed her ribs playfully before her smile faltered as she looked at her reflection, a dark bruise rested on her face from the night before; a mark of her father's anger.