𝟎𝟏𝟒 | Home

· · ─────── ·✞· ─────── · ·

Emmalyn had spent time wondering how she would die, she would spend many days thinking about it; but when the world fell to the dead, those thoughts only intensified. It had been a week since she had returned to the group safely and during this time, Carl had woken up and was walking around with minor pain; as was Emmalyn who had been happy the stitches weren't required to be removed. During the week, Emmalyn had been working with Carl and Sophia about the basics of survival and Hershel had offered his knowledge in basic first aid to the children too. Carol and Lori finally had a chance to slow their lives and just take everything in along with helping their respective children with their studies thanks to the books Hershel supplied.

In this time, Glenn had clearly started something with Maggie Greene, the man had practically become a puppy for the woman and followed her around whenever he had the chance and she seemed to enjoy the attention. T-Dog's arm was nicely healing and he spent time with Dale talking about their lives before the fall, laughing together and enjoying the peacefulness of the farm. Andrea and Shane had developed a friends with benefits bond though Emmalyn knew that the woman wanted more while Shane just wanted Lori. Rick had been the one to step up as the leader, he worked with Hershel to ensure safety and supplies for both groups surviving together.

Daryl and Emmalyn were still going strong, the two spent their days working their shifts and then their nights sitting by their own campfire enjoying Daryl's catch of the day or watching the stars in silence. Everyone adored the childhood friends who became a couple even though the world had fallen, it was something that gave them all hope. Now on Hershel's farm, he had one rule that was reinforced and that was he refused to allow them to carry guns around on his farm -- not wanting the place to turn into a militia camp. So with the agreement of only certain people carrying weapons at certain times, the group accepted Hershel's rules; except for Shane who had been upset about it.

· · ─────── ·✞· ─────── · ·

On the Friday, Emmalyn was sitting on the RV with the agreed Rifle sitting next to her as she kept her eyes on the farm making sure no one showed up nor any Walkers trepassed onto the grounds endangering the survivors. The ginger's eyes flittered around the campsite to see what everyone was currently doing. Her eyes lingered on Sophia and Carl who were seated at the picnic table with Carol and Lori studying some books that Hershel had found in the house for them to study; the agreement was they had to study as much as they were trained so it was a safe and healthy balance.

Shane and Andrea had gone off the farm for target practice or as Glenn and Emmalyn called it 'Shane's rebound time' which doesn't take lightly with Dale who continued to lose trust in Shane and heighten his protective father-like side over Andrea. However, Dale was seated in the RV working on something while Glenn was talking with Maggie as they fed the horses, Beth and Patricia tended to the garden. Rick and T-Dog were by the house talking with Hershel and lastly, Daryl was seated at his and Emmalyn's camp sharpening his arrows before they go hunting together.