𝟎𝟎𝟔 | Let You Down

· · ─────── ·✞· ─────── · ·

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

· · ─────── ·✞· ─────── · ·

The zip of the tent alerted Emmalyn, she listened to the light steps before someone knelt down by her bed cot. "You're not to blame, Em. Merle's tough, he'll be fine," Daryl assured her as he grabbed a curl of her hair and twisted it between his fingers, "He won't be mad at ya." Emmalyn turned her head to Daryl, he sent her a rare small smile. "I tried..." Emmalyn whispered to Daryl, he nodded to show that he believed her. "Rick and I are heading into the city to get 'em, wanna tag along?" Daryl asked her, she nodded instantly and rushed to prepare for the run into the city.

Once she was ready, Emmalyn walked up to Rick and Shane as Shane spoke up, "Would you just tell me why? Why would you risk your life for a douche bag like Merle Dixon?" Emmalyn cleared her throat as Daryl spoke, "Hey, choose your words more carefully." Emmalyn glared at Shane as he replied to Daryl, "Oh no - I did, douche bag is what I meant." Emmalyn had been uncertain about Shane, she didn't like his alpha personality but she disliked him now more than ever. "Merle Dixon, the guy wouldn't give you a glass of water if you were dying of thirst," Shane said to Rick.

Rick shook his head before looking from Emmalyn to Shane, "What he would or wouldn't do doesn't interest me. I can't let a man die of thirst - me. And this man means something to Emma, so I'm gonna help him like she helped my boy." Emmalyn smiled at Rick as Shane scoffed before looking at the ginger with a glare. She was thankful for Rick, he really is a good man and that was something she could admire; someone she'd follow into battle with a heart of gold, yet he will have to toughen his shield in this world before it breaks him.

Emmalyn pushed past Shane ensuring to elbow him in the process before walking towards Dale, "Now you be safe out there, Em." She nodded at the older man who had been like a father to her in the little time they knew each other, she admired him and she always found comfort in his company, something she once struggled with due to her father's actions. "I also got something for you," Dale informed her, she tilted her head slightly as he stepped into the RV before coming back out, "Turn around and move your hair." She obliged as he carefully placed a chain around her neck.

He stepped back and she lifted the charm to show a small compass, she turned to Dale with watery eyes before giving him a hug. She took in a deep breath before barely whispering, "I love it." Dale pulled back with a surprised look before winking, "Our secret." She laughed before turning to the small group in time to hear T-Dog volunteer to go with the group to save Merle, she knew he was struggling with his own guilt for leaving the man behind. After a small argument, Emmalyn was finally seated in the back of the truck with Daryl and T-Dog while Glenn and Rick were up in front.

· · ─────── ·✞· ─────── · ·

The group of five were quiet in the truck except for the moment when Daryl snapped at T-Dog about Merle being on the roof. Emmalyn wasn't daft, she felt the worried glances sent her by Glenn and Daryl, both knew that Merle was an important person to her no matter how he treated others; Merle was a better man than her father ever was. When the small group finally reached the outskirts of the city, they parked the truck and headed in on foot. They were silent as they made their way towards the store keeping their presence has low-key as possible so they wouldn't have to worry about dealing with any Geeks.