𝟎𝟎𝟒 | Holding Out For A Hero

· · ─────── ·✞· ─────── · ·

It was roughly around two hours to get from the Quarry to Atlanta, Emmalyn had been walking in step with Merle with the rest of the group ahead of them listening to Glenn's instructions on what they were going to be looking for and any emergency plans they need to talk over. "How's ye leg doin'?" Merle asked the ginger. Her last run with just her and Glenn they had found themselves cornered with a survivor, they hadn't disclosed to the duo that they had been bitten and when they were escaping a herd of Geeks, the survivor fell from the ladder they were climbing bringing Emmalyn down with them. She almost broke her leg in the process and Glenn had risked himself to save her.

"I'm fine," Emmalyn assured Merle in her usual whisper. "If ye get hurt again, Ginger--" Merle began only for Emmalyn to place her hand on his arm, she sent him a smile in hopes to ease his concerns. "You know why we worry," Merle told her before smirking, "Can't have ye dying before my baby brother gets the chance to do somethin' 'bout that spark y'all have." Emmalyn rolled her eyes at his words despite the blush that fanned over her cheeks, the woman felt giddy at the idea that maybe Daryl felt something more for her thanks to Merle's constant comments about Daryl's apparent crush on the ginger woman since they were kids.

The group reached the edge of the city and Glenn stopped them, "All right. We'll head to the department store and get whatever we can, almost everything has a use. Then we'll try our best to move from store to store, stock up and remember to stay alert and quiet." The others nodded at Glenn's instructions before they quickly and quietly made their way from the outskirts of the city into the main streets. Glenn and Emmalyn efficiently took out a few Geeks here and there as they checked the stores for whatever had a use. Emmalyn had kept an eye out for any potential vehicles that would allow them to carry more back to their camp and save them the walk back.

· · ─────── ·✞· ─────── · ·

Suddenly, a gunshot rang out through the city as the group were ransacking a clothing store. Emmalyn lead the way to the roof and they all peeked out to see a random guy crawl under a tank that sat in the street now surrounded by Geeks. "That's a damn shame," Merle said with a smirk, it was obvious he didn't actually care too much. "That'll keep them distracted," Morales spoke motioning to the horse that was being mauled by the dead, Emmalyn frowned as Andrea and Jacqui turned away from the sight. "We gotta help him," Jacqui told the group, Emmalyn nodded and moved to the stairs with Glenn trailing behind her.

"Rescue mission?" Glenn asked her as they got back in the store front, she nodded with a determined smile. "Be careful," Jacqui told the two as she and Andrea followed behind, Morales and T-Dog trailing behind them. The two younger runners rushed out of the store and into an alleyway that gave them access to the street that the guy was on. "Think he got inside from underneath?" Glenn asked her, she nodded her head and pulled out her walkie-talkie, handing it over to Glenn. "For someone who doesn't talk, why do you carry the walkie-talkie?" Glenn teased making Emmalyn scoff and motion to the walkie-talkie, Glenn chuckled before focusing back to the mission at hand.