𝟎𝟎𝟖 | Gonna Be Okay

· · ─────── ·✞· ─────── · ·

It was time to leave the Quarry behind, Emmalyn had packed up everything and tossed it into the back of Daryl's truck. She was saddened to hear that Morales and his family would not be going with them on their travels, she approached the man with a small smile on her face. "You look after yourself, Emmalyn," Morales told her, she hugged him. "You're forgiven," Emmalyn told him softly, he chuckled at the sound of her voice before giving her a quick squeeze. "I wish you all the best," Morales said as he pulled away, she nodded her head to him before hugging his wife and children. It sucked that they were leaving but she understood his own decision.

After ensuring they had everything, Emmalyn got into the passenger seat of Daryl's truck. She sighed as she closed the door and leaned back against the seat, she turned her head to Daryl as he got in and settled into the driver's seat. "Ye ready to go?" Daryl asked her. "Yeah, I'm ready," Emmalyn told him softly, it wasn't as loud as the night before but it was louder than a whisper and that was enough for Daryl. Rick stepped up next to the passenger window, "Hey, just keep up with us but if anything goes wrong, keep going to the CDC." Daryl nodded as Rick squeezed Emmalyn's shoulder in reassurance before going to the Peletier car he was driving.

Daryl and Emmalyn were driving in silence for around an hour when a car horn alerted them they were coming to a stop, they all pulled over and got out of their cars. Emmalyn spotted Dale's RV smoking and made her way over with a small smile directed at the older man as he turned to Rick. "I told you this hose wasn't gonna last long," Dale told Rick. Emmalyn opened the hood of the RV allowing the smoke from the engine to escape, she tied her hair back into a messy bun before accepting the tool box from Glenn, focusing her attention on the radiator hose within the RV's engine.

Meanwhile, everyone else was discussing Jim's worsening condition and what the next step for the man would be. Emmalyn reached for the flat head screwdriver, tightening the screws holding the clips around the radiator hose, she applied a new layer of duct tape over the worn pieces in hopes to cover whatever leaks she could. "Impressive," Daryl spoke up from next to her, he watched as she did her best on the RV. Emmalyn turned to Daryl with a smile before putting the tool back into the tool box and throwing the duct tape in with it. She closed them over and nodded to Dale who thanked her before starting up the RV successfully, she winked at him before turning to see Jim sitting against the tree.

"You gonna say bye?" Daryl asked her. "Yeah," Emmalyn replied softly before she made her way over to Jim nodding to Jacqui as she passed her. Jim opened his eyes to look up at Emmalyn, he smiled softly at her, "Thank you, Emma. For being there. For giving me someone to obsess over Die Hard with. You look after yourself." Emmalyn let a tear fall as she placed her hand on the side of his face, "Go be with your wife and kids, Jim." He smiled at her with watery eyes, letting out a quiet gasp. Emmalyn leaned in and kissed the top of Jim's head, "Just close your eyes." She turned and made her way to Daryl's truck, she climbed into the passenger seat and closed her eyes, resting her head back against the seat.