𝟎𝟏𝟓 | Only The Good Die Young

· · ─────── ·✞· ─────── · ·

If you had asked Emmalyn Tate if she believed the Geeks were just sick, she would tell you straight away that the only thing left was the shell of the person they used to be. So when Glenn stood up in front of the group that morning to inform them of the Geeks that were living in the barn just a few meters from their camp, she had been struck with the realisation that some still believed there would be a cure. But she had witnessed the TS-19 Vigil, she had heard Jenner when he said there was no cure for it, they were all infected and they would all die and become those things unless they prevented it with a bullet to the head.

Emmalyn didn't know what to make of the situation at hand but apparently Shane did, he had been fuming about the news and demanded answers for why they had been kept in the dark. His anger only got worse when Dale revealed that he knew about the barn full of dead but respected Hershel's decision to keep it a secret as they were locked in and did not pose any threat to the group so long they stayed away. Rick had taken charge and took the situation to Hershel directly despite Shane's protests about the whole thing. And it was not long until Shane assumed the leadership role and began handing out the banned guns.

Shane stood in front of Emmalyn with a gun in hand, she looked up at him defiantly with Carl watching her. "I'm following Rick, I trust him. He knows what he's doing and you have no right to do this," Emmalyn told him sternly, she crossed her arms and dared Shane to say something. The hatred burning in Shane's eyes made Emmalyn feel small, she felt like he'd strangle her just to feel her die in his hands but she wouldn't let that show. He walked away from her with Glenn, Andrea and T-Dog following him holding guns in their hands though Glenn and T-Dog were more hesitant than Andrea and Shane were.

The group were visibly shocked to see Rick walking alongside Hershel and Jimmy with Geeks in front of them held by catch-poles; And Shane was absolutely livid. Emmalyn had pulled Carl behind her as Carol did the same with Sophia, the two women protecting the kids from the sight in front of them. Shane shot the Geek in front of Hershel to prove his point that the person was dead and would only desire to kill them. Rick was shouting at Shane to stop however, he finished the job and fired a single shot into the Geeks head causing Hershel to drop in defeat with the body of the person he once knew.

Rick was shouting at Hershel to take the Geek from his hands while Shane released all of the Geeks from the barn. Everyone holding a gun began shooting them down one by onr as Sophia held her mother and cried, Carl holding Emmalyn as he hid his face in her side. Emmalyn's eyes were locked directly on one person, Shane. The crazed glint in his eyes made her mind flash back to the memories of her father and her ex-boyfriend; the men with the need of power and control over others. The moment the Geeks were all down, everyone was frozen in place with no idea what to do next.

Rick and Emmalyn locked gazes as Hershel held his daughters close to him, he screamed for the group to leave his farm and never return. Emmalyn had enough of Shane's behaviour, she needed the others to see what she could and so she lightly nudged Carl in Lori's direction, the boy moving into his mother's arms. Emmalyn unclipped the buckle of her gun's holster and raised it, the aim directly on Shane gaining everyone's attention including Hershel himself. "What are you gonna do?" Shane asked her with a smug smirk, his expression screaming victory despite his actions scaring everyone around him.