𝟎𝟏𝟔 | Burn

· · ─────── ·✞· ─────── · ·

No one plans for things to fall apart, much like the world ending to a deadly virus that turned the world into a shell of what it used to be. To feel safe in a decaying world is like signing your own death contract, there is no safe and everyone should be sure to remember that. But to want safety, to desire an opportunity to settle and survive is only natural for the mind and soul, so why should that be taken from the survivors as beings that are yet to be the shells of their former selves; unless they were lucky to have their brain destroyed.

After Dale's death, Hershel moved the group of survivors into his home and everyone took a free spot where they could. Emmalyn and Daryl had placed their stuff in the study, clearing back the desk and table. "I can't believe his gone," Emmalyn breathed out as she looked up at Daryl. "I know..." Daryl replied before he turned back to the bags, his eyes focused on one in particular but he shook it off and focused back on making the bed for the two of them thanks to Hershel's pull-out couch that had been in the study. "I'm not gonna unpack our things. I think it's smarter to live out of our bags for now," Emmalyn informed Daryl.

Emmalyn stopped and looked out the window, she no longer felt safe on the farm as the realisation set in that the Geeks in the cities would begin wondering out of them in search of food; perhaps they could even sense their alive presence. Daryl noticed Emmalyn's dazed expression matched with her tense stance, he knew instantly that she no longer felt safe, they she was scared of what was gonna happen to them. He walked over to her and rested his hands on her hips, she leaned back against him and closed her eyes. "We'll be okay," Daryl whispered to her as they looked out at the farm, she wanted to believe those words but something seems to tell her its all gonna get worse.

· · ─────── ·✞· ─────── · ·

With the failed attempt of leaving Randall -- the teenager -- at a random location, Rick had come to the decision that he'd try again during the night. However, when T-Dog had left to grab the boy from the locked shed, he had returned empty handed informing them that the teenager was missing. Emmalyn and Daryl shared a look, both knew that Shane had to behind this but they followed Rick's call; especially when Shane showed up with a bloodied nose and a panicked expression while claiming he had chased after Randall however, the teenager had overpowered him and escaped. Emmalyn doubted every word that left Shane's mouth and he could see it in her eyes.

Rick and Shane went off together leaving Emmalyn, Daryl and Glenn together in search for Randall. Emmalyn stayed close to Daryl with her bow ready in case any Geeks showed up, Glenn was quickly realising the dire situation that they were in as he stayed tense and at the ready; something felt off to him. But nothing worried them more than when Randall was found as a Geek with a broken neck attacking Glenn prompting Emmalyn to quickly save him, she looked straight at Daryl before making an attempt to find Rick only for her boyfriend to grab her arm, "He knows what he's doin'."