𝟎𝟏𝟗 | Wait For It

· · ─────── ·✞· ─────── · ·

Emma opened her eyes slowly, adjusting to the brightness of the cold room as memories of what happened flashed through her head. She lifted her head in a more alert manner as she realised she was in a cell like room with no windows and concrete walls, a single light above her head that disoriented her. She took a deep breath to calm herself, moving her hands slightly due to them being tied to the chair she was seated on. Emma's legs were tied to the legs of the chair, her bag and weapons laid out on a table not too far from her. And she was immediately worried about Taylor knowing the way one of the men looked at them.

The door in front of her opened slowly, an older man in presentable clothing stepped in. "Hello there, sorry for the inconvenience regarding your... trapped situation. It's a safety precaution," He spoke kindly before pulling a chair to sit in front of Emma. She rolled her eyes at him before leaning back in her chair, refusing to say anything to him. "Well... You attacked one of my men," He continued. The two of us were completely silent before he sighed and stood up, "Fine. Are you alone? Other than the teenager?" Emma raised a brow, "Is she okay?" He nodded and Emma proceeded to fall into silence.

The silence deafened the room as they stared at one another, Emma knew what was happening here. He wanted a camp to raid but even if she was in a group, she wouldn't give that information up. But she knew that he wouldn't believe she was truly alone out there with only Taylor by her side; especially considering the condition she was currently in with injuries and the clear pale tone showing illness. "You really don't talk much, do you?" He asked with a sly smirk as he bent down slightly. He sighed before standing up straight, "I'm sorry to do this but... protocol is protocol."

He curled his fist and sent it flying into the side of Emma's face, the impact sending her head to the side harshly. She let out a slight groan as he began pacing, "For every unanswered question, you'll be hit and I'm not the biggest fan of hurting women. So make this easier for me, yeah?" Emma lifted her gaze to him as he awaited a response. "Go fuck yourself," Was all she said before she coped a beat down that would put her father to shame. But she had to admit, she looked forward to fighting back the moment she git free from these binds holding her down 'cause the man would suffer then.

· · ─────── ·✞· ─────── · ·

Later that night, Emma was left alone in the dark with blood dripping from her head as her jaw ached. The pounding in her head never ceased as the silence gave her peace for a moment in her life. Distant footsteps made her lift her head, the door opened followed by the light turning on and in walked a familiar face, someone she hadn't expected to see standing in front of her. "Shit, Em... I didn't think he'd go that hard. I'm sorry this happened. I really am. I wish I could do something but two against twenty isn't gonna be easy," Jason looked pained as he spoke, he had been sent undercover into this group and seeing Emma was a relief to him.