𝟎𝟏𝟎 | Say You Won't Let Go

· · ─────── ·✞· ─────── · ·

The next morning, Emmalyn jumped into the shower before changing into camo pants and a black V-neck. She unwrapped the bandage on her arm and applied some more antibiotic cream onto it, she was satisfied by how the skin had lost the strange grey tone and now appeared as a simple cut; she rewrapped it before tying her hair back into a ponytail. Walking out of the bathroom with the bag, she was momentarily stopped by Daryl who held out her jacket, she took it from him with a grateful smile. "Thank you," Emmalyn spoke before she leaned up and kissed him, she pulled back slightly to see his expression but he leaned forward and kissed her happily enjoying the action.

The two pulled away and Emmalyn lightly shoved Daryl's chest, "Shower and put some new clothes on." Daryl chuckled, "Yes, ma'am." Emmalyn bit back a moan at that before she slipped around him pulling on her jacket as Daryl headed into the bathroom. After pulling on her combat boots, she headed out of the room and towards the cafeteria where some of the group were currently already seated together. She took the seat next to Lori and sent the woman a smile while Carl smiled brightly at her. "Morning," Rick spoke with a slightly pained expression, he placed his hand on Emmalyn's shoulder and squeezed, she leaned back and smiled up at him before looking at Carl and winking.

"Are you hungover?" Carl asked with a goofy smile on his face, "Mom said you'd be." Emmalyn laughed as Rick took the spot between Lori and Carl. Rick smiled at Carl, "Mom is right." He winked at Carl as Lori spoke up, "Mom has that annoying habit." They all laughed together as T-Dog walked over, "Eggs. Powdered, but - I do 'em good." Emmalyn smiled proudly at T-Dog who smiled back as a scoff like moan came from the other side of the table, "Don't ever, ever, ever let me drink again." Glenn spoke making Emmalyn laugh again before she started eating her food that T-Dog had quickly served her with a smile on his face.

Shane walked into the room and both Emmalyn and Lori tensed up as he sat down next to Glenn, his eye was clearly bruised and the scratches stood out clear for all of them to see. "The hell happened to you?" T-Dog questioned Shane whose gaze landed on Emmalyn and Lori who were now holding hands in hopes to comfort each other. "Morning," Jenner spoke up as he walked in to grab a cup of coffee. Daryl had walked in and stood behind Emmalyn's chair with a coffee in his own hand, he reached down and stole some of Emmalyn's food and she playfully glared up at him. "Doctor, I don't mean to slam you with questions first thing-" Dale started to say but was cut off by Jenner, "But you will anyways."

Andrea spoke up next, "We didn't come here for the eggs." Jenner nodded before leading the entire group into a large room. "Give me a playback of TS-19," Jenner spoke before turning to the others, "Few people ever got the chance to see this." A bunch of brain scans showed up on the screen causing everyone to focus their attention on it, Daryl walked up to stand next to Emmalyn. She leaned into him a little bit causing him to shift on his weight and close in the space, unnoticeable to others. Emmalyn noticed the subtle glances that Jenner sent her way, he seemed to have mixed emotions with every look; sorrow, anger, pain and most of all, guilt.