𝟎𝟎𝟗 | You Are Enough

· · ─────── ·✞· ─────── · ·

The group of survivors followed behind Jenner down a hall as he spoke, "Most of the facility is powered down, including housing so you'll have to make do here. The couches are comfortable, but there are cots in storage if you would like." Jenner came to a stop and turned to look at the two kids, "There's a Rec Room down the hall that you kids might enjoy. Just don't plug in any of the video games, okay?" Both kids nodded in understanding and Jenner looked up at the adults again as he continued, "The same applies, if you shower, go easy on the hot water." Emmalyn's eyes lit up at those words, she noticed T-Dog and Glenn share a happy look. "Hot water?" Glenn questioned him. "That's what the man said," T-Dog replied to him before the two scurried off.

A hand grabbing Emmalyn's wrist stopped her from moving forward with the rest, she turned her head to Daryl and raised a brow in his direction. "Wanna share with me?" Daryl offered his best friend, she nodded with a smile allowing him to lead her into one of the unoccupied rooms. She dropped her bag on the fold-out couch and sighed with her eyes closed, it would be nice to sleep somewhere where she didn't have to worry about Geeks breaking down the door to maul her in her sleep. "Ye okay?" Daryl asked as he put his bag down on the bed. "Uh, yeah... just feels nice to be able to sleep without feeling like something will sneak in and eat me," Emmalyn expressed to him truthfully.

"I wouldn't let ya get hurt, Em, you know that right?" Daryl asked as he stepped closer to her, the ginger smile up at him with a nod. "Of course, I know that. Just like I wouldn't let you get hurt either," Emmalyn promised him. "Then I'd say that we are both as safe as can be," Daryl told her as they stared into each others eyes, Emmalyn felt her heart racing at the gentle way Daryl was looking at her; something she had only seen directed at her. Daryl's own mind was in a battle as he looked down at his best friend since childhood, he had always found her beautiful inside and out but had never been brave enough to make a move; he was scared that he would be too damaged for her -- that he wouldn't be enough.

"You can shower first," Daryl offered her, he stepped back from her and focused on his bag as she realised they had leaned in before he pulled back. She nodded her head and grabbed her bag heading into the bathroom connecting to their room, she closed the door behind her and leaned back against it to settle her racing heart rate. Not wanting to take up too much time in the bathroom, Emmalyn stripped herself out of the jeans and shirt she had admittedly been wearing for a couple of days and tossed them into a separate plastic bag. She removed the bandage from her thigh and smiled satisfied by the closed and settled wound, she wouldn't have to wrap it again. However, her smile faded as she removed the wrap around the scratch on her arm, the skin around it seemed to have turned a murky grey.

Emmalyn reached into her bag and pulled out some antibiotic cream and placed it on the sink with her toiletries before she stepped into the shower taking full advantage of the warm water to wash away the blood, mud and death from her body. Emmalyn closed her eyes and tipped her head back allowing the water to just wash over her once she had scrubbed her body with the loafer from her bag, she hadn't felt so clean since before the beginning of the apocalypse. Emmalyn allowed the water to wash away -- not just the body wash -- but the memories of what had happened over the past few weeks, she let them go knowing that holding on to that pain could only hold her back from what may come next.