12.

romance: a feeling of excitement and mystery associated with love

-

"I wanna be a stripper."

"Vee, you know I'd support you through all of that, but you've been saying this since you were 6 and never made it happen." Sam laughed.

"Because you never agreed with me!"

"I would look terrible!"

"But you're hot." I argued back.

"You're the worst, and occasionally the best."

The small breeze of the still fall air blew through the window as it carried the sounds of my small phone ringtone with it, filling the room with its sound.

"Hey Vee!"

"Who's on the phone?" Sam asked, her voice hushed while she whispered.

"It's Jason." I answered, making sure he couldn't hear.

"Vee?"

"Yeah yeah, what's up?" I asked.

"Well, I need to ask you something."

"You're scaring me Jay."

"It's nothing bad, I just need to ask."

"Just ask, you'll be fine." I reassured

"Do you maybe wanna..." He laughed as he paused his question, almot a sign of nervousness.

"Hey, you're good, just ask."

"Do you want to, I don't know, maybe go to the carnival with me tonight?" He huffed out, almost like he was scared.

"I'd love to." I smiled.

"Great! See you later." He said, hanging up the phone.

"Did you just get asked out on a date? Vienna Aurora Moon, holy mother of god."

"One, no he didn't ask me out. Friends hangout Sam."

"Yeah, but you're blushing, and smiling so hard."

"Keep dreaming."

-

Tall buildings overshadowed me as the breeze and loud chatter filled the city air. I wore Converse under my feet which to be exact were my favorite brand.

I walked the streets of New York, walking past café's and stores that I knew were too expensive for me to afford.

In all honesty I was basically a broke girl living here. I was on the verge of moving in with Sam and finding a random job.

After all that though I'd finally arrived at Jason's apartment, it was bland, fully white with zero sense of thought put into it.

"Your apartment needs an upgrade." I said as he opened his door.