14.

understanding: the ability to understand something; comprehension

-

"You're terrible at this." He laughed.

"Aren't you supposed to be teaching me?"

"I could teach you many things, you just aren't talented at this."

"Can you at least teach me to glide?" I begged.

"I could try." He said standing behind me.

"Finally." I faintly whispered as he attached his hands onto my hips.

"Okay, follow my flow." His hands moved against my hips leading me down the sidewalk as my feet stood sturdy on the skateboard.

"Jay I'm doing it!" I said with my voice filled with excitement.

"Easy! Calm down, you're gonna fall off."

"Woah."

"Slow the fuck down." He said, pacing his voice.

"Fucking hell."

"There you go, good girl." He slowly led me off the board and back onto the ground. "That wasn't that bad, right?"

"Yeah..."

"You good?" He asked, his hands still holding against my sides.

"I'm great." My body still under his grasp.

"You sure?" He grinned.

"I'm so sure Jason."

"Very sure?" He faintly asked as he pulled me closer, our bodies almost touching.

"Fuck you." I rolled my eyes.

"Do it then."

"If you wanna kiss me, just say it Jay." I chuckled.

"I wanna kiss you." He faintly said, his lips brushing against mine.

"I told Sam I would never kiss you, I've lived up to that so far."

"First time for everything." He said, planting a kiss on my cheek as I blushed.

"Except that time is not now."

-

Love was a simple thing, yet to say I believed in it would only result in a lie.

Sad songs were my favorite, I always wondered why, until I realized they reflected myself. They reflected the love I had received. The love that wasn't in the movies, the type that broke you like you had a glass heart.

I had feelings for people, yet I could never comprehend that, that itself was love, because I didn't believe it could be.

I had realized my past was what made me not be able to believe in it so much. Of course I loved Sam, she'd been my best friend since I was 6, but she wasn't the love you have with someone you love, but someone you just love.