19.

needs: of necessity

needs: of necessity.

-

tw: mentions of self harm.

-

Forgiveness. Sam had called, her words seeming genuine as she apologized, the walls I'd built around her, slowly coming down.

I understood she was just jealous, she was scared of losing someone. Yet she had lost someone without even trying to hold on.

It was like a burning bridge that could be fixed with the right care. I walked into her apartment, the details left there that I reminisced on.

The little V+S that was carved on her table, the small sock I never bothered to pick up. I knew I wasn't gone for long, yet the memories I failed to think of got to me.

The things I'd missed for the time she was gone, from the time she had loved me, yet never seemed to try and remind me.

I knew that I was attached to her, she was my best friend, but to know that for such a short time I hadn't heard from her; hurt.

-

"So, how was it?"

"How was what?" I questioned, sinking into the soft couch.

"The sex."

"Sam!"

"So you did fuck."

"We didn't."

"Yet."

"Never." I stated.

"Let's make a bet. You guys fuck, and I get $100, you guys don't and you get $100."

"How long does this last?"

"6 months."

"I'll take it." I accepted.

"Okay well, I have a party tonight, here. Bring Jason."

"What for?" I questioned.

"I'm bored. Also, bring a bikini." She smirked.

-

The small smiles people gave on the side of the streets always pulled me in, their eyes, their faces that constantly made me feel more normal.

I don't why but I like it?

To think they all had lives to live, families to go home to. Things to talk about, they all had something different going on, they'd never truly be like me.

I was technically one of those people, a person with a life; I had the family that I'd always wanted, but just gave it up.

I was a broke college student that was barely in college, I'd given up on school, learned to live my life the way I wanted to.