27.

love: feel deep affection for (someone)

-

It was midnight, the night overshadowing the stars, let alone the sun. Vee had stormed out, her phone still left on the table.

I was genuinely worried for her, the dangers of a city were much more than I had truly thought. I knew how bad it was for women, especially during the night.

I grabbed my coat and threw on shoes, running toward the door, an unexpected surprise waiting to meet me. Her back fell against the floor, her body obviously using the door to hold herself up.

"Vee, please just listen to me." I said, her body getting up quickly as she headed for the stairs.

"Just leave me alone, please." She said, reaching the stairs and walking downstairs.

"This isn't okay! You cannot go out there alone."

"I'll be fine, just get out of my face."

"I don't get it, I'm just trying to help you!"

"Well you're really bad at helping!" She shouted, finally reaching the floor below.

"I am begging you, do not go outside."

The door opened, the sound of rain flooding my ears. I looked at her as she looked outside, her mind contemplating decisions. I wanted to grab onto her and force her back inside, but I had to get her to convince herself, let her figure it out on her own.

"What happens if I go outside? What will you do?" She questioned, her voice shaking as her eyes failed to meet mine.

"I'll go after you, make sure you're okay."

"And what if I don't want that?"

"Then I guess you'll have to endure it."

She swung the door open, putting on her food as she walked out, the loud sounds of the cars covering her footsteps. I followed her out, my hoodie getting soaked quickly in the weather, which just happened to be the last rain of the fall.

"VIENNA!" I shouted, droplets of rain hitting my lips. Her head turned towards me, her face obviously upset that I followed her. "I'm not leaving you."

She stood still for a couple seconds, her mouth opening like she needed to say something before she quickly shut it and kept walking away. She turned corners and crossed streets, trying to get away as fast as she could, her clothes getting soaked in the process.

"Please just come back." I begged as I caught up to her, my pace speeding up to match hers.

"How many fucking times must I say it, leave me alone you asshole!" She screamed, a wash of regret overcoming her face. "I'm sorry." She added, her feet walking once again.

"I understand you're angry with the world or someone or something and I know I wasnt a great help but you really need to stop walking and listen to me."

"I've listened to thousands of words and they've all disappointed me, so what, are you next?" She questioned, a chattering of her teeth slightly shadowing her voice, a cold breeze running through the air.

"I'm sorry about everything that's happened to you, and I know I can't change anything that's happened, but-" I said, my voice getting cut off.

"Jason!" The high pitched voice sang, my ears ringing from the thought of her still existing.

"Tiffany! How did you find me?" I asked, Vienna listening as she stood next to me, her body on the verge of leaving.

"Roman gave me your address! I was actually coming to-"

"I'm sorry but right now is really not a good time-"

"Oh, I'm sorry. It's just, I really missed you, it's been a while since, you know." She said, Vienna walking away to the sound of her words.

"Since we fucked, I know, now but I really need to get going." I said, her shoes going on her tippy toes as she kissed me, her mind obviously not accepting the rejection.

"I missed you Jay!"

"Tiffany, I don't know if you even have a brain at this point but we broke up, we're over. I do not want to kiss you and I could even try to pay for you to get a hotel tonight. We could even hang out later, but right now I really need to go." I said, annoyed as I walked away, scrambling to catch up with Vee.

Her face wasn't around, I looked around, I lost her. The blinding lights didn't help my search as I ran around trying to find a girl who blended in with basically every other brunette. I really witwishh this city would sleep.

I turned the corner, the sound of drunk words filling the air. The smell of alcohol went up my nose, the sound of Vee's voice forcing me closer to the scene.

"Corey please get off me. Please." She begged, his arms trying to grasp her.

"Come on, just give me a kiss." He said as my fist connected right with his face, the gush of blood leaking from his nose. Her hands forced me off, my knuckles slightly bruised as I tried to keep going until he could barely walk.

"Get off! Jason!" She screeched, the sound of the rain covering her voice as I got up, trying to cool off. "I'm fine, just leave me alone Jay."

She walked away, her head down as she crossed her arms. I followed her even closer, trying to make sure another weird guy doesn't harass her.

"Vee, I'm trying to help you so badly and you won't let me."

"Can you see? I don't want fucking help Jason. It's not like I'm the only girl you kiss anyways."

"I didn't kiss her-"

"Save it for someone who will believe you."

"What did I do so wrong Vienna? Why are you so resistant to me?"

"BECAUSE I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU! I AM IN FUCKING LOVE WITH YOU AND YOU CAN'T SEE IT. THAT'S WHY I'M SO RESISTANT." She yelled, walking away as she left me stunned, left me standing in the rain.

I wanted to yell back, scream about how much I needed her, how infatuated I was with her, but those words didn't exactly exist in my vocabulary, no matter how hard I tried to make them.

-

a/n: angry love confession. don't ask me where this came from because i have a whole rough draft of this in my notes from like 3 in the morning, ANYWAYS did you guys like it :) [i hate the beginning of this i actually had no idea how to write it lol]