16.

acting: behave in the way specified

-

"Hi! I'm Vienna, Jason's fiancé."

"We've heard so much about you!" The older woman stated and she pulled me into a hug.

"I hope we weren't interrupting anything..." Mark said as he eyes Jason.

"Of course not dad. Just didn't expect you in town!"

"We're here for your birthday of course!"

i forgot his birthday.

"Really?" He questioned his father, a fairly confused look on his face.

"Can't miss my son's big 21."

"Missed my 18th!" He uncomfortably laughed.

"I'm sorry about that." He reassured, quietly standing.

"How about we settle you two in..." I said, grabbing their bags.

"Thank you sweetie." Mia smiled.

"Anything for you." I smiled back.

I calmly walked to the guest room signaling Jason to follow me. I dropped the bags onto the floor as I turned around and closed the door.

"What the fuck." I voiced, keeping my voice down.

"I'm sorry, I know this is insane and all but-"

"I will keep up your stupid act, but shut up." I said, cutting off his rambling.

"Thank you so fucking much." He smiled.

"Yeah fuck off. Back to your parents."

"Step-mom and dad, I don't like to call them my parents." He said, avoiding eye contact.

"Okay, got it. Now, how do I act around them? What do I call them?" I asked.

"Just be yourself Vee, and just call them Mark and Mia, you'll be fine."

"What if they hate me? Or they love me and wanna see us all the time? Fuck."

"I'm sure they'll love you, but not that much. I doubt they wanna see me that often anyways." He faintly chuckled, as he leaned against the wall.

"Ugh, fuck you. You're the worst." I laughed.

"Let's go see what the fuckers want."

"Before you go, happy birthday, it's 12." I smiled, pointing to the clock.

"Thanks Vee, I'm old now."

"You're 21 asshole, you can legally drink now Mr. Saint."

"Never call me that again, I'm not that old." He frowned.