30.

cheer: give comfort or support to

-

Why does the world hate me? Why did I choose to believe in such a fragile emotion, something that could hurt so bad.

I walked away from his apartment, my body steaming from anger. The sunlight shined down, the hot handle of the door exiting his apartment building slightly burning my hand as I walked out, trying to compose myself.

It was weird to think that everyone I walked by had their own lives, their own stories, pain they've been put through, love they've felt.

I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs, scream into Jason's face, and slam a door on him, or just take my anger out, but I knew I'd only be viewed as some over dramatic girl in everyone else's eyes.

It was strange.

Strange to keep myself from exploding, and looking at my feet as I walked, strapped to keep myself occupied with my thoughts, wondering if my life would be different if I never said those words. The words I dreaded to think about.

That "I love you." that could've been avoided if I just ran, and had stopped speaking. Then again, maybe that's what my dad did, but it ended up hurting a lot more people than just my mother, a lot more pain could've been avoided if he only had just said those words.

Maybe it would've been better if me and Jason, had just stayed strangers, friends became a lot more complicated, a lot more painful. I just wished I could hear what he was thinking, why'd he'd do that.

It hurt more than I could ever imagine, it hurt knowing that if I wasn't there, it probably wouldn't be just a kiss.

I had lost, lost all my happiness, from the one feeling that's supposed to make you feel like the world really is your oyster, the one feeling I was told could heal a broken heart.

-

The dirt on my shoes piled up as I walked through the city, my mind consumed by my own thoughts, riling up solutions to my problems that would probably never work.

From going back to Seattle, and feeling that feeling of being home again to just never seeing Jason again, and although both of those were one in another, it just felt like two completely different things. Then there was just leaving, I didn't know where to, where to hide.

The sounds of sirens and honking cars consumed my ears as I walked into the corner store once again, pushing my smile back onto my face.

Eye contact wasn't really my thing, especially after I had just cried my eyes out from thoughts that made me want to scream.

If anything, guys weren't exactly my thing, people weren't, but when I moved to the city, I had to. Sam dragged me to clubs, told me to fuck some random guy, it wasn't the best way for me to live.

I looked at the counter, his smile filling my eyesight. I walked over, empty handed, smiling back.

"Lucas!" I grinned, putting on a smile.

"Random girl I met!" He smiled back, leaning onto the counter.

"You know I have a name." I slightly snickered.

"It's not like I know it."

"I mean you could, Lucas."

"Then tell me."

"Vienna, it's Vienna."

"It's pretty, perfect really." He smiled, his grin pretty as his eyes looked down.

"You think you could ditch work?"

"Are we playing hooky?" He questioned, still smiling.

"Maybe it is."

"Being 19 and playing hooky, sounds like high school Vienna."

"Then let's do it."

-

"So you're names Vienna, you're 19 and you have no idea where you live?" He said, confused as he tilted his head.

"Exactly. You got it." I smiled back.

"How does that even work?"

"It doesn't." I responded as we kept walking.

"Then how do you survive in this crazy city?"

"Well, I get by."

"It's not easy Vienna."

"Well you think that." I said, looking at him.

"I think about a lot of things." He said, looking in my eyes. His black hair shining against the sunset's light.

Stop staring.

"Like what?" I grinned.

"That you're pretty, really pretty."

Don't blush.

"Really?"

"Do I have to prove it?" He smirked, walking closer.

"Possibly."

Stop smiling.

His face leaned down, his lips touching mine as my body warmed up, my mind forgetting all the pain. All the tears and painful thoughts escaping my mind.

Stupid fucking Vienna.

-

a/n: short chapter, it's alright but stop comparing my book to another one please it's so very annoying, also i know like some people hate how the storyline is going but just know i do too so, whatever