Chapter 9

--------

Author's Note:

Heya, I ought to thank those who have shared their time reading this book, voting, comments, and adding to several reading lists. I genuinely appreciate that and thank you so much!

Check out the prologue and previous chapters for some surprises: new dialogues, scenes and longer revision that will benefit your read on this story, if you prefer to.

6, 422K Word Count

--------

Y/n

Silence . . . an awkward one to uncover, rather. It makes this disruptive conversation so atrociously uncomfortable, eliciting a deep-seated, primal anxiety within me and I don't even know how to soften the blow of this unpleasant nature.

It hangs like a thread; bound to break as it echoes my mind.

Eh, I am just bothered after witnessing Gopal shouting my name out of the blue during their conversation with his friends or something. Really, I just arrived from upstairs in the room so it proves I am dearly innocent to know anything about this. Like, I have no idea. Why am I becoming the topic here anyway? When was I that relevant?

Still, I remained standing in position comparable to an abandoned statue in front of them while carrying this mellow emerald Cattus on my arms whilst we were all just staring at each other's odd faces.

This is one weird peculiar group of friends.

It is indeed awkward . . . I said. All I could hear was the relentless pulsating of my heart rate.

"Yeah?" I spoke, voice cringing unsurely, to break the bothering silence at least. Well, someone has to make a move, "Uh, what's with everyone?"

They were all glancing at each other with a hidden cryptical message to communicate from their own eyes to which only they could understand; I assume.

I watched in confusion for their unusual behavior, sweat trickling down the sides of my forehead making me feel more anxious each second it passed as I awaited.

"Are we having a staring contest?" I asked.

"Pfft," Gopal snickers.

After what seemed like minutes in perpetuity, I sighed in relief hearing Ying who finally saved me from cringing on the inside, and goodness I am silently thanking her for that, "Err! I don't know! It was BoBoiBoy and Gopal talking here so just ask them, hehehe!"

I returned her a confused look, arching a brow skeptically as my lips musedly twitched upwards.

"Ish, this dorky nerdy glasses! Don't tell Y/n!" Gopal tried to whisper with a shaky voice, making a face as if to persuade the girl to my unwavering confusion that wouldn't ebb freely off my face.

Ying heaves a sigh, and rolls her eyes carelessly upon tipping her hand, "Like, why not? Duh? It's true and-wait, wha.. WHAT DID YOU JUST CALL ME?" She abruptly snapped back as she stood out hovering him, ruptured enough the ignited flames could be presumably evident in her eyes.

"Waaargh!" He flinched, shielding himself with his arms from the abruptness of it, and shivered from her outbursting retort, "E-Ei, nothing at all! Huhu!"

I sweat dropped unsurely and noticed Yaya who had face-palmed nearby; my eyes unconsciously shifted a vaguely solemn gaze to BoBoiBoy, whose eyes were directed on me reflectively.

It just seemed to happen because he was standing beside her, wordlessly.

He folded his arms and hung his head, focusing on the ground. It was like he wasn't bothering to join in the convo of his friends, though he was still listening, at least that is what I assume. We haven't spoken to each other since then, and I feel like I have nothing to discuss with him because it still seemed a tad awkward for me; everything about him and I. I am honestly at a loss of words for him.