Chapter 5

--------

Revision
3, 498K Word Count

Original
4, 540K Word Count

--------

BoBoiBoy

"I'll take it for you," I insisted, smiling as she watched me grab the container from her hand. She does not fret from my gesture, then I proceed to settle it in a vacant space, heaving a sigh before I turn back at her.

"Thank you."

The thoughts keep bothering my mind, as though a hurling wind with irrepressible control. As much as I don't want to break the moment, the culpability does not ebb freely from my pouncing chest. I hummed, thinking twice about my next words as I rolled my lips inwards.

"Uh, hey, I'm sorry again for yesterday. I didn't mean anything if I had said and done, whether they had offended you," I elucidated, and she drew her attention to me with unwavering eyes. My fingers were fiddling with each other, "I . . . forgot to say that my personality splits along with the elements and it just so happened Thunderstorm bumped into you, that's why he didn't give much of an expression."

She hums, leisurely nodding her head in cognizance, "Oh . . . I see, that kind of makes sense to me."

"Yeah.."

"But why did you leave immediately though?" She queries.

I bit my lower lip whilst my eyes squinted, glancing away as my shoulders dropped, "Well, uh, I felt embarrassed after we . . . did it," The words got stuck on my throat, nor could I see myself actually mentioning it. I gestured to her with my mocking eyes, hoping she and I eventually have the same thing in mind.

"O-Oh."

"Yeah.."

An awkward silence commenced, and an uncomfortable pause in our conversation. The unpleasant nature of such silence is associated with the feelings of my anxiety, and the pressure to speak. I know that I am the guy here, but I just happen to be at a loss of words. What am I supposed to say?

"You denied it," She said and I stared up at her.

"I'm sorry," I apologized, fiddling my fingers with each other as I rolled my lips inwards, "I have my pride, that's why.."

"Ah, I see," She nodded, and slid a thin smile.

I knew it was going to be a bit of a discomfort for us, especially her if I bring it up 'directly' but this is the only way for us to move on from it once we get a clear and open conversation towards it. To be honest I am still feeling very shy from what happened, probably more than she is. Though since I am the guy here, I know I need to be on my maturity side about this matter.

"But I am aware how important this is to every girl and I just want you to know that I'm not that kind of a person if you're thinking that way," I elucidated, regaining my softened smile as my eyes awed, "I'm sincerely sorry because I was not watching my way, and I promise I'll do what it takes to make it right for you.." Her eyes lingers at me from my solicitude, and I mean every single word that I say. This was what Yaya had made me become aware of yesterday. Some people ask for an apology, but they tend to forget about the most important part of it; make it right.

Humming, she nods leisurely. I stared up at her, pondering, as it took her a while before she responded, "It's fine, BoBoiBoy."

"R-Really?" I queried, and my voice was vividly elevated.

She hums, smiling lightly.

"Really, really?"

"Yeah," She laughs.