Chapter 11

4, 107k

--------

BoBoiBoy

"Yet are you even aware of how many debts that you owe me before you order another drink, Gopal?" Grandad asked as he awaits his answer, prompting me to slip a glance back at my friend, pursing a wry smile.

"Erk! I . . . sure am! Hehe," Gopal replies quite contritely as he cackles with the focus of his gaze on the screen, giving it a pause in the middle of the game before his hand checks the inside of his pocket, and clicks his tongue. The other hand that held the video game console gestured upwards with it's partially taken palm, "Hold up, I got somethin'."

"Hm."

"Sure, sure," I replied lowly, watching him do so.

"Here, y'all go!" He said, extending his arm with money on his palm. Arching a brow, I dubiously took the money and placed it on the cash register, "Welp, hope that pays my debt, Tok Aba! Haha!"

"Uh, I don't think this is . . ." I trailed off, fathoming how it's quite insufficient on the count. Surely, I know Gopal owes a lot more than this.

"Woi, you really think that's all that you need to pay?" Granded retorted, cutting me off and Gopal's eyes widened in incredulence.

"Oh . . . Someone's in a hot seat," Ochobot cooed teasingly.

"E-Eh? How many more drinks do I owe you, Tok Aba?" He asked, scratching his head sheepishly, "Kinda forget already, hehe. Besides, I ain't good at Math and sheez."

"Hm, more than my fingers could probably count," Grandad said musedly, peering his eyes.

"Ha?! So, like, more than 10?" Gopal asks in disbelief, and jaw-dropped.

"You literally just paid for one drink out of everything that you owed, Gopal," I claimed ineptly, and he whined, dropping his shoulders in despondency.

"Hng . . . I'ma just come back next time with more of my budget, hehehe," He replies to us, eliciting a titter as his fingers fiddled with each other. Leisurely, I shaked my head.

"Mhm, hm. Let's see about that, shall we," Grandad said, humming lowly.

"Hehehe!"

"One special hot chocolate," I stated, settling the drink on the table as he grabbed it instantly, giving it a slurp as he eyed the screen of his video game console.

Complacent rimming around his eyes from the drink.

"Mhm! Thanks, dude!"

"Sure," I replied, and my gaze directed bypassed him to his back, perceiving Yaya and Ying sauntering their way closely.

Yaya waves her hand warmly, and just when I was about to greet the both of them, Ying instantly pressed her finger against her lips, hushing me on the latter. It makes me feel confused, however I obliged wordlessly.

I watch as she rushes her steps closely, an impish grin sliding upon her lips as she hops on her last step with a loud thud of her foot, flabbergasting my best friend on his seat.

"Boo!"

"Waaargh! A-Ama!" Gopal screamed aloud as his voice shrills, flinching on his seat from the abruptness of it whilst inducing me to cover both of my ears.

"Aish," I shrugged.

"Haha! Scaredy boy!" Ying laughs, pointing at Gopal's flabbergasted expression as his chest heaves. Both of them take their seats, one on each beside him.

"Ish! You meanie!"

"Woi, tone it down, Gopal. Remember that you're at my shop and you might distract the other customers with all of your bickerings right there," Grandad stated, drawing Gopal's attention as his eyes squinted, nodding persistently.