Chapter 13

Chapter 13: Synced Chords
3, 977K

--------

Y/n

"Hey, big sis!" Aji called out, prompting me to flinch from the abruptness of it. Abruptly, my brain stutters for a moment, and my eyes take in more light than I expected upon gazing up at my brother.

He was perspiring from his Friday's training, and his dry-fit shirt was soaked with sweat, striding his steps towards me.

"Hey," I smiled, beckoning him closely. Thus, I inserted a flap between the pages of the book that Ying lended me, about the 124th page of the second book since yesterday.

To be honest, she was right. I hardly settle the book down, being quite vested in discerning it. She really tends to get a good taste regarding these books. I wouldn't even yearn to read these books, if I had a choice. However since my friend is fond of doing so, and insists on sharing it with me, then I wouldn't mind. I'm genuinely amused by the story so far. No wonder, I still wanted to bring it here in the field of my brother's training.

I grabbed the towel on top of his sports bag and reached out to wipe the sweat off his forehead the moment he approached me by the bench, heaving deep sighs.

"So, did your team win the match?" I asked, turning him around to wipe the sweat underneath the shirt of his back as well.

"Heck, yeah! We did!" He replied, and laughed in elation as I pursed a smile hearing his response, "And you gotta expect that, cause I always got the hang of the offensive side, y'know."

"Mhm, it seems like you carry the entire team of yours," I presumed.

"Sometimes," Aji replied, shrugging his arms.

"What about the defense?"

"We penetrated into the defense of the rival team, and scored goals, big sis," Aji replied, and I hummed, nodding musedly.

"Alright, expert," I quipped as my lips twitched upwards, tugging his shirt down abruptly.

"O-Ow!" He yelped, turning to me and crossed his arms, furrowing his brows, "You're a meanie, I swear!"

"Calling you an expert is a meanie now?" I asked, pulling my lips with derision before placing the towel inside the sports bag.

"Hm - Aight, I'ma consider that part!" Aji claimed, and his shoulders shaked from laughing with mirth over his own mishap.

"Besides, you practice hard for it, and take it seriously too, therefore you were able to execute it in your games," I stated, and leaned my elbows over my lap closely, rolling my lips inwardly.

"You know?" He queried, lace with incredulence.

"Yeah," Leisurely, I nodded my head, "I sometimes watch you during your practices. That's merely why I'm here, I mean to say."

"How'd I do, then?" Aji asked, and I could perceive that it was laced with anticipation, expecting a sort of response.

"Impressive as always," I genuinely commented on his behalf, eliciting a smile. The kid cackled quietly, and his eyes widened in incredulence for a moment, unable to suppress the urge to hold it within.

"Hehe! You're the best sis that I've ever had, I swear!" He stated, jumping and clasped his hands cheerfully, inducing me to feel the warmth of my heart from the simplicity of his response.

"Just keep going," I replied, grabbing the strap of his sports bag. The other hand of mine is in charge of the book, safely coiled by my other arm. Standing up from the bench, I wore it over my shoulder impulsively.