Chapter 4

--------

Revision:
6, 859K Word Count

Original:
3, 207K Word Count

--------

BoBoiBoy

MY HEART PALPITATES RAPID THAN NORMAL, for it is finally this moment where I could meet up with her again from yesterday, and I am certainly glad to see her, yet agitated.

Despite not having enough rest from missions, I agreed with Ying's plan for her and I's acquaintance. I can't miss the opportunity for I may no longer see her. Besides, it is my genuine intention, knowing this is my responsibility with the way I had treated her the other day. Really, I don't understand what has got into my mind. That was really immature.

"Sorry," She mumbled again, however I was able to catch it. Her head glances down on the table to break the thread of our momentous gaze and uplifts her brow, leaning her chin on her hand. The gestures make me confused, thinking if she is possibly hot-headed or something. Hays. Perhaps she may be holding a grudge against me, though I couldn't really blame her for that. Then she speaks, "Sorry for what? Am I supposed to have it for lunch?"

I agage at a loss of words and bit my lower lip, holding in my cackles.

I mean, sorry for lunch? Ay? When was there such a thing?

Wrapping my arms around my tummy, my shoulders shaked in silent laughter as the thought rimmed around my mind. "Haha, if it would wipe out that frown in your face, why not?" I smiled, afterwards tilting my head confoundedly, "But how will you eat it though?"

"Eh? Are you being serious?" She looked back at me, creasing her brows furthermore and I blinked slowly, once, then twice. "Goodness, you're really-wait, who has a frowned face?" Her voice intensifies, prompting me to flinch on my stance.

"I-I was just kidding and don't be mad," I uttered softly, pouting my lips whilst I looked at her with soliciting eyes. Somehow I tried to stiffly smile and gestured a peace sign with my fingers. Her reaction was confounded. "Didn't I tell you yesterday that smiling suits you more?"

"What?" She furrows her brows, looking at me in incredulence. I gave her a meaningful look to accommodate that I did genuinely say it.

"You don't remember anymore?" I asked, and my shoulders shaked from my infectious giggles, "I mean, yeah, I kind of don't remember what I had eaten for breakfast a while ago so . . ."

"I do," She responded as I trailed off, "And my face is not your concern."

"Oh."

Then we are in a deep silence, rimming around her and I that prompts the occurence to be plain awkward.

I could feel the anxiousness in my chest waiting to take over. Leisurely shaked my head, I smiled lightly and placed both of my hands inside my pockets, "Uh, I care for you, that's why I'm here to make you understand the situation between the both of us, you know."

"Therefore I'm too dense to fathom it myself," She retorted and I barely took the moment to process her sentiments from the abruptness of it all.

"Er-no, no. I didn't mean it that way, Y/n," I elicited her name for the second time, pouting my trembling lips.

Somehow, I forgot the next thing I was about to tell her. Hays, it always happens. A thought pops up in my mind then it disappears. I coerced myself to remember at least a hint of it, despite the anxiousness I have while speaking with her alone.

Distinctly, it isn't what I mean. It makes me question whether girls actually jump into conclusions that easily, and I'm confused on how to handle this to not make it any worse, for I barely spoke with any girl like her.