Chapter 14

BoBoiBoy

"You can pick for me," She replied, staring at the menu of the Kokotiam whilst my gaze remained solely enthralled on hers, humming quietly.

"Our . . . specialty?" I asked, voice shrinking unsurely as I uplifted my shoulders. Her gaze still averts from mine nonchalantly, and my conscious self would just presume that she would agree because her tone appears to be acquiescing to me or perhaps she unambiguously doesn't mind from the monotonous and dreariness of her eyes. I don't know what she wants, though. I fiddled with my fingers, since she hasn't responded. "A special hot chocolate? Or ice?"

She finally looks at me, however the only expression I could receive is from her eyes due to the facial mask she's wearing on her face. Her eyes crinkles the slightest, perhaps she tugs a little smile. "Any. I really meant it when I said that you could pick for me so don't worry. I just don't know what I want either if it's okay for you."

"Okay . . . An iced one is what you might need, then. Since you're pretty much hot-headed to me again . . ." I trailed off impishly, coercing myself from smiling and leisurely turned my back from her to get to work already.

"Hey, I am not," Y/n replied defensively as her arms rested on the counter and elicited a short laugh quietly, refusing to give me the notion of it. Taking the indication, I nodded, thoroughly fathoming it.

"I know, Y/n. I am just kidding," I chuckled, swiftly turning my head back at her. The last time I said this exact line to her, she was fuming at me, but at the moment she isn't anymore. It feels more easing around her eventually.

"Is that the only thing you percieve in me, though?" She asked and pulled her facial mask down by her chin. For a moment, I inadvertently gazed at every single detail of the features on her face. Her features were brimming with such a strong charisma like when I first met her, and the curves of softness at the same time. It's as though I was scrutinizing it in my mind again before I furrowed my brows in incredulity from her question, rolling my lips inwards before lingering it back to my hands.

"Ahm. What do you mean by that?"

The hot water, sugar, cocoa and extract were being placed in the shaker as I prepared to mix the ingredients. Both of my hands froze. A thought protruded in my mind that I still needed the ice, inducing me to abruptly look for the ice packs being stored around here whilst absorbing her question. I was actually too occupied with my work that I unintentionally forgot what she had just asked me a moment ago was about. Seriously, what's even with me?

"Nothing much . . . I am not that peppery as it seems to you, but I understand that it was kind of the first impression I gave you," Y/n claimed, and I agape, leisurely nodding my head as she continued elucidating on her end, "It's just that I want to make sure you're not having some kind of boundaries on me."

"I mean, uh, it's fine. It's really fine," I assured, placing a sufficient amount of ice on the shaker and began mixing the ingredients. I casted a glance at her awaiting eyes, and smiled lightly. "I don't intend to look at you that way all the time. It's not good to judge others by what you only see. You never truly know what they're going through and their daily struggles."

She looks at me wordlessly, followed by a nod and a little smile in return. "Of course."

"And there's definitely no boundaries I have for you. I was always willing to help you and your brother the other day, remember?"

"Yup, I do."

"I guess that could assure you," I said, and coerced myself from twitching my lips upwards, laughing quietly.

"It's just that you might think I am a meanie or something."

"Hey, I swear that I don't," I chuckled, clearing my throat and pursing a thin smile, "I could ask the same question to you . . . especially to you."