Chapter 16

( 5, 309K WC )

Y/n

"AYO. WHAT'S FOR BREAKFAST, BIG SIS?" Aji queeried, voice booming around the first floor of the house yet early in the morning, inducing me to recoil in shockness, flinching on my stance. I casted an abrupt glance at him, holding onto my heaving chest. This little lad just had to perturb me from gazing momentarily outside the window of how the greens and blues were risen into a new and vibrant glow by the sunrise. The only moment I thought for today was to gather my peace of mind.

Lucky him, I smiled in return.

I do not have any urge of chagrin to suppress as though the usual sibling quarrels and all, because I am in a very much in mood today, made from a good amount of sleep. Thus, I was just waiting for him to go downstairs to eat breakfast. My brother has to attend his Football training today.

Sauntering around the table, I affixed my eyes on the meal as though I was still contemplating on what to respond - just mere professing, humming quietly.

"Hm.. Pancakes.. And your usual favorite," I replied with beyond dispute from my tone, perceiving the excitement rimming around his eyes and agaped. Pursing a grin, I added the highlight of his favorite beverage to complete his set of meals, "Hot Cocoa as well to give you energy."

"For real?!" He stated in elation as I watched him skip a few steps in a frivolous demeanor before taking his seat; a delightful, widening smile stretching on the corner of his mouth. Although he literally isn't, imperceptibly drooling.

My brother was already in his dry-fit attire for his Football training, except for the shoes that will be worn later on. Slippers are more comfortable for his feet for the meantime. Taking the spoon and fork on each of his hands, his gaze avidly wandered around the table, inhaling the air. "It smells really yummy!"

My lips impulsively twitched upwards from his remarks, tittering. "Yes, just enjoy your meal over there," Upon responding, I took a bite from the chocolate pantry from my other hand, munching it thoroughly whilst reminiscenting the sweetness in it.

In the early morning, I could already think of him with the way he could bake their sweet courses rather perfectly. Well, it genuinely seems perfect for me. His voice playing softly around my cognizance with a blending euphony as he told me proudly regarding it, induces a little smile to touch the corners of my lips innately.

"Hm! You're literally one of the best cooks I ever knew!" Aji uttered, drawing me out of my thoughts as my eyes affixed back at my brother.

His reaction was absolutely dramatic for reasons I could not thoroughly apprehend and as soon as he looked into my reaction with an imperceptible question mark reflectively, he burst into a raucous cackle.

His hands uplifted in the air. "Swear, big sis!"

Heaving a sigh, I rolled my eyes, knowing his back at it. For all I know, these are just flattering remarks for him to have something to prattle about on his seat ceaselessly. Thus, I don't even want to begin with him not thoroughly chewing his food in his mouth before talking like when we were in BoBoiBoy's house.

"Haiya, again and again - you keep on complimenting me since a while ago as if it's never ending and it appears to me that you're just messing around with me, little guy," I stated and peered my eyes flippantly, placing a hand at the side of my waist - regardless playing along.

His eyes widened abruptly, waving both of his hands whilst shaking his head to point out otherwise.

"I'm just really telling the truth!" He laughed.