Chapter 3: Confrontation

"The White Room." I said.

Ayanokouji still had his poker face but his eyes widened.

"What are you talking about?" he asked.

"Now now, don't worry. I'm here on your side." I said.

He pondered around in his thoughts for a minute, he's quick-witted, he must be thinking of reasons why and then ask me the question itself.

"What does that mean?" he asked.

I saw that coming.

"You......are here against your father's wishes, correct? And you also want to escape from him, for the sake of your freedom? I already know many things about you, so just admit it." I told him.

"Correct." he said.

He was being awfully cooperative. That's not like him.

"But what do you mean by you're on my side?" he asked me.

"I mean that, I'll help you out in the fight against your father. I want to help you to achieve that freedom of yours that you desperately want."

"Why should I trust you?"

"I'm not asking you to."

"Then why talk to me? If you know that I'm not going to believe you then why not just help me out from the shadows without saying a word to me? This just makes it look like you've been sent here by that man."

"Ouch. When I said that I'm not asking you to trust me, I meant that I want to make a deal with you."

"A deal?"

"Yeah. It's in your favour by a heavy margin anyway."

"Keep going."

"I'll help you out, whenever you need, you make use of me. I'll try and change my social standing in our class and our year. I'll win over everybody's trust so more information flows through me which can even help you out."

"And what do you want me to do in exhange?"

"Just contribute to the class. I know that you hate attracting attention. But it should be easy for someone with your mental abilities to manipulate someone behind the scenes."

"And who would be that someone?"

"Who else? You're neighbour, Horikita Suzune, the younger sister of the School Council President." I said and then, I took a short pause and then, I continued, "She wouldn't mind attracting attention as long as the class climbs its way up, in fact, she wants to attract attention as her class climbs up. She followed her brother, coming here, of course she would want to be in the limelight of it. I want you to manipulate Horikita behind the scenes, make good use of her so that our class climbs to the top, it should be easy for you."

He went into thinking, as I could feel that he was spaced out.

"You don't need to accept the offer right now. Take your time to think about it. Even if you don't accept it, I still won't tell anyone, anything about your past. Though, I still am going to help you in fighting against your father."

"Wait, then why make a deal?"

"You're not someone who believes in other people's goodwill, and to be honest, neither am I. That's why I'm making you do something for me in return, as a kind of transaction. I don't really have any interest for the promise of guaranteed jobs due to graduating from Class-A, I just want to win. That's all that matters to me. So, in this way, both of us will hold the ends our deal. Just like how a see-saw works."