Chapter 15: The Bizarre Meeting

After the day ended, I noticed myself seated in the back of the crowded café, Pallet, with a crew as bizarre as JoJo's Adventures which included Ayanokouji, Horikita, Hirata and Karuizawa.

"The students' surnames were the key to figuring out the VIPs' identities. They were assigned in the order of the animals of the zodiac. The rabbit is fourth in the zodiac. If you put the names of the students in the rabbit group in alphabetical order, it would be Ayanokouji-kun, Ichinose-san, Ibuki-san, and then Karuizawa-san," Horikita said.

Ah, so these four met up to discuss and review the Special Zodiac Exam. Wait, so why did Ayanokouji ask me to tag along? This bastard, he asked me to come along just so he wouldn't have to suffer alone. He knows that I don't really like Horikita's attitude either.

"I see. In that case, yeah, I'd be fourth. That's why I was chosen as VIP," said Karuizawa.

Karuizawa seemed impressed. To be honest, it was thanks to Hirata that the discomfort between Horikita and Karuizawa disappeared, considering the fact that those two are incompatible to an unimaginable degree.

"But isn't that really, really simple? I mean, anyone could figure it out. Like, the fifth person in the dragon group was Kushida-san, so she was the VIP, right?" Karuizawa spoke.

"It was that simple. However, figuring that out in the middle of an exam wasn't so easy. With only three VIPs in your own class, you wouldn't have enough solid data to determine the system behind the selection," explained Horikita.

To be honest, I really did nothing at all in the last exam. In the group I was in, most of the girls just kept trying their chance on me because they had heard about my break up with Honami. Well, now that everything's all right, I guess I can participate a little more seriously from now on.

"I'm worried about Class-C, though. I think Ryuen-kun figured it out in the middle of the test," said Hirata. He was probably right. I remember Ryuen's Class-C leading the scoreboard by a large margin. Hah! I sighed in my mind because he's a troublesome person to deal with.

"If that's true, then why did he mess up?" asked Karuizawa.

"I wondered about that too. If he understood the rules, he should've discovered all the VIPs," spoke Hirata.

"Though it appears that Ryuuen-kun rules Class C alone, perhaps that isn't actually true. More than a handful of people are probably deeply dissatisfied with his dictatorship," Horikita said with a different perspective on the issue.

"Yes. A rebellious student must've tossed out the wrong answer in direct defiance of Ryuen-kun," Hirata agreed.

Hmm....a traitor, huh? If there's a possibility of a traitor in Class-C who doesn't like Ryuen, then isn't there the possibility of a traitor in Class-D? Well, I'm not going to put forward any baseless accusations, but the possibility of Kushida telling Ryuen that she is the VIP in exchange for something is still greater than the possibility of Ryuen figuring out the rules and the selection system, considering the fact if there was a traitor, Ryuen would've searched for them like crazy and the most important factor to take into consideration is that that Kushida totally hates Horikita, giving her all the more reason to sell out Class-D.

"What do you two think?" Horikita asked me and Ayanokouji.

"Dunno. Honestly, I don't have clue," Ayanokouji lied. Horikita and Hirata lost interest in him as they turned their heads to look at me while Karuizawa was still looking at Ayanokouji.

"Me neither," I told them. I actually did nothing in the last exam. I'm also not going to roll out baseless accusations against Kushida, not in this meeting at least.