Chapter 11: Summer Break! Part 2

Right now, I was sitting under a tree while Ayanokouji was standing beside me, in it's shade. We were waiting for someone who we believe, would be passing through here.

After talking, as to for whom Katsuragi was buying a present, we were asked by Ike and others to find it out. Of course, I did not want to so they pushed it onto Ayanokouji and I just couldn't leave him alone, well, I did not want to.

"Oh my god, it's hot." I blurted out.

"Well, it is summer." Ayanokouji replied.

"Yeah, and I can't even buy summer clothes since they're quite expensive and I'm too low on points."

"I would've lent you some myself, but I am short on points too."

"Yeah, no worries, I understand."

At that moment, I noticed a couple walk out of the upperclassmen's dorms- a guy and a girl. They noticed me and Ayanokouji and then, changed directions and walked towards us.

"Hey, it's been a while."

"Do you really not mind the heat or does the weather work differently for you inside the school uniform?" I asked in a rhetorical way with a peculiar expression.

"Whoa. President, this student has a really disgusted look on his face." Tachibana-senpai entered the conversation.

"The student council seems rather busy, even during summer vacation," Ayanokouji said, trying to diminish the tense atmosphere.

"We decided to do some reorganizing work in the student council room," explained Tachibana-senpai.

"I see," Ayanokouji replied.

"You know, that was a really stupid response. You should be careful
what you say, you know? Do you even know who you're talking to? This is
the fearsome student council president!"
Tachibana said to me while trying to make a scary face.

"I don't see any sense in what you're trying to say." I refuted.

It's not like I didn't respect him, I did respect him, a whole lot, in fact. But I do not think that Horikita's brother even expected a "respectful tone" from me.

"You two, if you have no prior engagements, I'd like you to accompany me."

"P-President?" Tachibana-senpai seemed....shocked, well, I was too.

"We've got a packed schedule, sorry."

Ayanokouji spoke up for the two of us. Thank you, Manny.

(Manny is from the cartoon Handy Manny. A referance to Manny as he is a mechanic who takes good care of his tools.)

"Huh?! You're turning him down?!" Tachibana-senpai wore a surprised expression.

Sorry, Tachibana-senpai, not everyone is in love with Elder Horikita.

"Whenever you're free is fine. I don't mind finding a time that works for the two of you, even if it's after the semester begins," Elder Horikita said.

It's like he's after us, a hunter hunting its prey. Fortunately, he had no hostile aura around him, keeping the atmosphere light.

"All right. Let's just do this now. We have time before our next engagement." Ayanokouji spoke up as he understood that Elder Horikita wouldn't give up.

"Wait, you just said that you had a packed schedule, didn't you?" Tachibana-senpai interrupted. Ayanokouji ignored her. Good going, Ayanokouji.

"Where were you planning to go? I don't mind changing my schedule to accommodate yours," Elder Horikita spoke.