Chapter 10: Summer Break! Part 1

Right now, I was waiting in the line to meet a fortune-teller............with Matsushita.

Flashback~

Right now, I was on my way to meet a fortune-teller that I had my curiosity stuck on. I noticed the line outside the tent in which the fortune-teller was supposedly sitting. I noticed that there were only couples which led me to the conclusion that it was only fortune-telling for couples. Sigh, this just had to happen after I broke up with Honami.

"Mi-ya-mu-ra-kun!" I heard a voice from behind. I turned around to see who it was. It was Matsushita.

"Hey, Matsushita."

"Are you alone, Miyamura-kun?"

"Yeah. I wanted to see the fortune-teller."

"I see. Well, it seems that she's only letting in couple's though."

"Is that so?"

I acted like a total novice.

"Yes."

After that, I looked around, waiting for her to ask me the question that she was wondering whether to ask me or not. The doubt on her face made it perfectly clear as to what she wanted to ask.

"Ne....Miyamura-kun." Matsushita called out to me.

"Yeah?" I replied to her.

"Would you......like to go in together?" she asked with flustered cheeks.

"Umm......" I acted as if I was stuttering.

"Ah! I mean, not as a couple but since both of us want to check it out, we can go in together."

".......I see, well, we should probably go line up, then."

"Y-yeah."

Return to Present~

"Next, please."

I was getting bored standing in the long line when I heard the attendant call out to Matsushita and me. We headed into the tent. It was dark inside and there was an old lady sitting who had a hood on her face which gave her a shady look. There was crystal ball on the table in front of her which also had a thick book on it. I was curious to read the thick book now but I wonder if the old lady would let me.

Matsushita and I sat down. The old lady slowly moved her right hand and took out a small card reader and spoke up.

"First, you must pay."

When Matushita asked as to what types of fortunes she could read, she answered Matsushita

"It can be about your love life, academics or anything else you like." .

Matsushita and I then proceeded to look through the list of plans and their prices.

"I'll take the Standard Plan." Matsushita told the old lady her choice.

I checked the Standard Plan to cost over 7000 points. I don't have that many points at hand since I had to pay 90% of my points to those three apprehenders to help out Sato and had to stock up on ingredients for food that I wanted to try making. In short, I was running out of money.

"Uh....."

Seeing me stuttering, Matsushita chose to speak up.

"What is it? Miyamura-kun."

"I....don't have the points for a Standard Plan. I guess I'll take the Basic Plan." The Basic Plan cost around 4000 points, I had just enough to pay for it.