Chapter 8: The Special Island Exam Aftermath

"Yo, Honami." I said as I approached her.

"Hello, Izumi." she said.

"Your class did good. Second place, not too shabby." I said to her.

"Thanks to the tip you gave me, Izumi." she said.

"Yeah."

"Wouldn't you be betraying your class?"

"My class got the first place, so I don't think I betrayed them."

"I see. So, what did you want to talk about?"

"Ummm...yeah.....about that."

I had to do this. If I did not, her class and her, they would all be in the danger. I still loved her but I had no choice. No, it was because I loved her that I had to do it.

"Let's break up." I said it.

Honami looked at me, into my eyes. Her eyes weren't as shining as before, the light inside them was dying, but I know that she would be fine, her class is there with her. Her eyes, they seemed empty and a tear ran down her face.

"What are you talking about, Izumi?" she asked me.

"I......ended up cheating on you. That's why I want us to break up. Sorry." I lied. It was nothing but a lie. But I had no choice. I had to do it. For her.

"I-I see." she said. After that, she said nothing and turned around to walk away.

She spoke up, "Izu-Miyamura-kun, I hope we can still be friends." Saying that, she walked away.

I can never know how tough it would have been for her to say that to someone she was in love with. Even if someone you're in love with ended up cheating on you, you'll still forgive them, Honami was one of those people. But I had to do it. To protect her. I'm going to go up against one of the most dangerous men in Japan. I can't let anyone else or their families, shoulder the responsibility of it. That's why, no more girlfriends.

Huh? What? I noticed that tears were running down my face the moment Honami was out of view. Ah, I see. I unconsciously supressed my emotions once again. Wait, why aren't the tears stopping? I did this to protect her, yes, there's no time to regret it, after all, I have a person who called me to meet with them. I wiped away my tears but they did not stop. I kept crying for a little more than 15 minutes when the tears finally stopped. I wiped my face.

I looked up towards the sea and spoke, "I just gave up on the only person who's ever believed in me and loved me. I'm such a fucked-up dumbass."

After that, I went to the meeting place. They turned around as they felt my presence and said, "Hello, Miyamura-kun."

"Yo, Kushida." I said as I approached her.

"So? What did you call me out here for?" I asked.

"I wanted to hear about the plan. You said that you were going to tell me about it, right?" she said.

"I did."

"But before that, there's something else we should talk about."

"What would that be?" I asked in confusion.

"You and Ichinose-san breaking up." she said.

"Huh? How'd you know so fast? The break-up took place just now." I said.

"It seems like someone overheard you two talking and put it up on the school forum."

Ah, it's an irritating thing, honestly.

"I see. It's true though. We broke up."

"I see. Can I ask why?"

"I....have my reasons." I told her. Whatever happens, I cannot tell her the reason, even if I did, she won't believe me anyway.