Chapter 9: Sato's Scared

It wasn't long before the news about my break-up with Honami spread like wildfire. Apparently, the reason wasn't spread since Honami had kept it a secret. I guess she couldn't believe it herself since she knew me to be the kind of person who wouldn't do something like that, which is why, she didn't even ask me how I had cheated on her and who I had cheated on her with. It was painful for me too but I had to move on. Moving on is a tough thing to do but it is apparently easier if you indulge yourself with other things. I would have to look for things to do.

Once the news about my break-up with Honami had spread, I was getting asked out to breakfast, lunch and dinner by the girls, every now and then.

However, I declined them, saying that I'll hangout with them once we go back to the school. I lied to them about me having sea-sickness, though I guess they must've understood that it's because of my recent break-up. That's just how girls are.

The Zodiac Exam was already underway. I thought that I'll take a break from this exam since I hadn't recovered from my break-up with Honami. I'll just let things flow smoothly, though I had asked Ayanokouji to get serious in this exam in my stead, to which he had agreed.

Ah, I broke up with my girlfriend and I'm helping him get his. I don't know if I'm an idiot or not, but it feels like the right thing to do.

Gah!

"In this way, I'll just be single my whole life." I muttered as I put my hand on the wall and looked down.

"Then why not find someone new?" spoke someone.

I looked up to find Karuizawa standing there.

"Ah, hey, Karuizawa." I greeted her.

"Hey, Miyamura-kun."

"As I was saying, why not find someone new if you're that worried about being single?"

She asked me. Oh boy, this can turn into quite a mess if I answer the wrong way.

Then she continued, "With your looks, it shouldn't be that difficult for you to get another girlfriend."

Well, she's correct but it's not like I wanted someone other than Honami.

I'd be happy if she moved on, to be honest. If she's happy, then I'll actually be able to whole-heartedly help out Ayanokouji.

"I know what you're talking about but it's not about that."

"Then, what is it?"

"I don't want to date someone I haven't fallen for, or atleast, I'm not even the tiniest bit attracted to them."

It was a fact. I did not want to. If I had to say, out of the emotions that a human has and can express, I consider love to be the most important one. Love and hate are two sides of a single coin and so, absence of even any one would be fatal to this world.

(Sorry, the author is just a hopeless anti-romantic who loves romcoms. Kinda contradictory.)

"Huh? Is that how it is?" Karuizawa said.

"Yeah. Now, if you'll excuse me." I said as I was going to walk past her.

She spoke up, "See you later, Miyamura-kun."

I noticed that there was a guy who were eyeing out Karuizawa as they were tailing her. Well, this was not my concern in the least.

I walked away towards the deck as I felt that I needed some air. I saw something while I was enjoying the cold breeze. I saw Ayanokouji and Honami talking. Well, they were in the same group so it's no surprise. It did not stop me from being jealous though. Fuck.