Chapter 1 | Welcome Home

[ QUICK DISCLAIMER : I will re iterate that I do not own any of the characters or the series of ACOTAR who belong to the incredible author Sarah J Mass. I only own my own characters and this story made from just a few ideas I had. ]

AN : This is a mature story, before each chapter I will put any TW's or information if there are any Mature scenes. Again, this is a MATURE book, so read at your own risk.

All Rights Reserved

Thankyou for choosing my story, and I hope you enjoy!!

P.S this is a slow burn ;) your welcs

—————————————————————————

TW : Descriptions of slight gore

Chapter 1 | Welcome Home

Ember

Silence.

Sweet, sweet silence.

Silence is like a drug.

You might not like it when you first hear of it, but as soon as you get your first lick of it, you become addicted.

Like how you can get addicted
to something. Maybe like a chocolate. Or get addicted to someone. Maybe a lover.

Like how you can get addicted to blood shed.

Addicted to the silence of their heads falling to the ground as the dark liquid seeps through their clothes.

That kind of silence.

Satisfying silence.

Ember Avilon avoided the fallen heads and bodies, stepping lightly as she walked silently.

Deathly silent.

The moon attempted to illuminate what it could, but nothing could shine through the ebony of slaughter itself as it stalked through.

12

She counted.

Only 12 dead Illyrians. Won't be noticeable.

She noted there was no camps nearby.

Good.

She feared that if another group of bastard winged Illyrians came her way she would take out their hearts and keep them for Helm himself.

Rage bubbled through her veins at the thought of them.

Illyrians.

She hadn't wasted any bloodshed with this troop or any of the previous ones.

For she was death itself.

She silently crouched, tipping one of the soldiers head to the side with a press of her dagger to view any -

Tattoo

The Night court tattoo.

The only sign of bemusement was a short exhale.

Let them get a message.

Standing up silently, she continued past the bodies, stepping over the last few. Her sword, Blood Shedder, hanging from her hand, guts and bile covering the clean surface as she picked it up and wiped it along her leathers.

Stupid Illyrian leathers.

To even have them this close to her skin was sickening.

But she'd endure it.

Endure it for Keir.

Endure it for Mother.

Endure it for Father.

Endure it for Ky.

Endure it for Herself.

Because as soon as she crossed the border, her shadows flared.

And by god's, as soon as she laid her eyes upon Velaris ..

Hell itself opened a hole in her.

And the breeze of Prythian tumbled through her hair and leathers, as if it welcomed her.

Welcomed her to her next step in fate.

—————————————————————————

AN : Hi guys :) hope you enjoyed the first chapter, I know it was very short, most of my other chapters will be between 3,000 and 5,000 words so don't worry! As previously said, this is a slow burn, so please bare with me and this story, I have great plans for it!

At the moment I don't have a general direction, if you guys have any ideas or maybe requests for me to try and involve just let me know!

- Sydney 🤍

word count : 567
proof-read