Chapter 9 | Fists and Deals

AN : Hey guys!
Looking forward to posting a lot more as of recently, I feel like my writing has become better aswell so hopefully I can knock chapters out a lot easier haha.

Hope you enjoyed the last chapter, this one we will see some more of our favourite boy Cass and what he thinks of Ember!

Anyway, enjoy!

———————————————————————

TW : Descriptions of Gore and Bad Language

Song : Broken Crown ~ Mumford and Sons

Chapter 9 | Fists and Deals

Ember

"You said two hours."

Ember bristled as she stood before the General, not really giving two shits wether or not she was longer than two hours - she didn't want to do this.

"Do we have to-"

"Yes"

Fuck my life.

She didn't see any point in training - training for what? She scoffed as she crossed her arms, feeling awkward still as they stood on top of the House of Wind.

She hadn't realised the training arena was all the way up here, mind you it made perfect sense for the flying aspect.

Not like he can teach me that.

The Illyrian began to wrap his hands with bandages, a sign of physical combat she was presuming he would force her to par take in.

"Are you ready to start?"

She glared at him.
What am I actually doing. Why do they want me to train. Train for what?

"Why"

The general paused wrapping to look up at her.

She would be being modest if she said he wasn't an attractive man - his long bobbed hair was pulled into a half bun, and it was odd to see him in such casual clothing of a t-shirt and shorts.

"Why what?"

"Why am I 'training'"

The sarcastic tone left from her tongue caused him to straighten, a look of astonishment on his face.

It's not that weird of a question you freak.

He shook his head.

"What do you mean why? Rhys won't even think of letting you out free again until you've got control. Another outburst like that and -"

"What the fuck are you talking about?"

A face of stone re appeared, and she could see a glint in his eye to suggest he had said something he perhaps shouldn't have.