Chapter 45 | Bare Grief

AN: Hello all!

How are we??!

So so SO sorry for the long wait.
I hope you guys are still enjoying this story.

Lots of love to those who are.

As always, enjoy :)

————————————————————

TW: Bad Language, Gore and Violent Depictions, Sexual Themes and Content and More.

Song: Half of Forever ~ Henrik

'Honey I know, mhm,
Wherever you go, mhm,
I'd give up half of forever
I'd give up half of forever,

Mhm,

They'll never know,
Never will,
What we have,
And how we feel.'

Chapter 45 | Bare Grief

Ember

Ember hadn't known how long she'd been in Feyre's embrace before she finally relaxed into it.

Feyre, whom had been the first to hug her those many many months ago - nearly over a year,  hugged her again.

The feeling and emotion of wanting to cry after everything she had witnessed was strong, but she held it back relentlessly.

Relentlessly as Feyre eventually pulled away, grasping her arms gently and looking at her - truly looked at her and searched her eyes as if to see the grief that laid in there.

"You don't have to talk about -"

"- thanks."

Ember breathed deeply and could see Feyre had an understanding under her warm gaze.

Her smell embraced her and she let it - it was welcome after everything.

Rhys waltzed calmly in, Amren by his side as he clasped his hands together with a solemn expression as he did so.

"It is done."

Feyre turned as Ember returned her gaze to Rhys also. "You sent them?"

Rhys nodded as he stepped forward, grazing his hand across Feyre's neck lightly as he looked at her.

Gods he looked at her almost the way Azriel did to herself, and Ember had to stifle the feeling.

"All of them" he nodded, playing with her golden brown hair softly before he lifted his gaze up to Ember.

As soon as herself and Azriel had winnowed back to the Night Court a mere half hour before, Ember had spent every second trying not to completely break down in front of them all.

For once, Azriel had done the talking, explaining everything they had seen and the Fae Ember had recognised - Grottu.

It was valuable information along with the attack and the reasoning behind Kallias and Viviane's lack and hesitation of hospitality, and Rhys had informed that he had been sent word that they were safe - for now.