Chapter 12 | Dining with the Devil

AN : How are you all doing?

Hoping to have gotten my mojo back for a bit lol.

Enjoy!

———————————————————————

TW : Bad Language, Graphic Scenes

Song : Roots ~ Imagine Dragons

Chapter 12 | Dining with the Devil

Ember

"Back yourself!"

Not having the time to even blink, she spun round and caught Cassian's invading right hook, the watch to her blind spots the aim of today's lesson.

Lesson.

Like I need fucking teaching.

Reprimanding herself that yes - she did have to train and be co-operable and yes - even if they are all watching.

Indeed, it wasn't a new thing but neither a common one of Rhys coming to survey - she had gathered it was for his own comfort of reassurance that she was holding up her part of the deal.

And the only reason she was, was because of her own safety.

She knew if she wasn't trained in this way, she would never have full control of her shadows.

Even if it meant going back to basics with Cassian, in which she had often gifted with a snarky response that none of this training was going to inevitably help her have control of her shadows, being followed with a grumble from himself going into a lecture on why it was essential.

And it didn't help that with a deep rooted paranoia present, she was secretly terrified that they were going to escape again.

That I will lose control again.

However, on this particular day as to why it stood out, what wasn't normal was for the spymaster to join.

Bastard.

Other then a few ignored brushes in the hall and a brief mention of the other from time to time, they had both been avoiding each other since that night.

Gifted. It wasn't that long ago, but Ember was almost in physical pain for questioning what the fuck happened?

Her shadows had never reacted that way even when she was completely content and utterly calm.

And it didn't help that Nesta had observed the whole awkward conversation.

Swinging low then around and above with her left leg, a block from the general gave her her cue to sling her upper body over his own, gripping the bastard with her knees and wings in her face to throw him all the way over, his huge body slamming to the ground as she stood straight, panting and wiping the dirt of her training trousers as she did so.