Chapter 26 | Leaving First Light

AN : Hey guys, how have you all been!

Idk about you guys, but I've been binge watching Bridgerton again and oh my god may I say FUCKING ANTHONY AND BENEDICT ARE SO HOT.

sorry lol, I've only just finished season two and I'm ngl I honestly prefer Kate and Anthony to Daphne and Simon 😭

Anyways, as always, I hope you enjoy!

———————————————————————-

TW : Bad Language, Gore and Violent Depictions and Sexual Themes

Song : We Must Be Killers ~ Mikky Ekko

"We all know how to fake it baby
We don't know what we've done
We must be Killers
Children of the wild ones
Killers where we got left to run."

Chapter 26 | Leaving First Light

Azriel

He wished he could have said that he was surprised to have awoken without the oddly comforting feel of the other shadow singer under his arm, but he could not.

Instead, he had found slumber had taken him rather heavily, and by the low winter sun that appeared to shine through the old man's cabin that they had stayed in, he could muster up the thought that it was at least late morning.

On the contrary, he found himself surprised that he hadn't awoken to the movement and shuffle of another person, in which when lifting his head to glance over his shoulder, he found Ember moving to and fro from the old man's room, a hushed whisper and conversation continuing as if she was actually trying not to wake him.

He shuddered.

What are you doing?

Falling asleep with her like that - he didn't want it to become a want or a need even for her he was aware that it would have some sort of impact on - whatever they were now.

Friends?

The thought made him feel sick, but he only had himself to blame.