Chapter 19 | Sad Endings are Better

AN : Hey Guys, how you all doing?

Did you enjoy the last chapter?

Tried to write this one previous so I could release it sooner

I won't hold you any longer lol, on with the story :)

———————————————————————-

TW : Bad Language, Sexual Connotations and Gore and Violent Depictions

Song : Dear God ~ Lawless, Sydney Wayser

"Dear God, I don't know if you noticed, but
Your name is on a lot of quotes in this book
And these crazy humans wrote it."

Chapter 19 | Sad Endings are Better

Ember

Silence was always profound when it snowed.

Since they had spoken about their trip to Windhaven, it had been days upon days of heavy snowfall - it was the only sign that winter was coming.

It had gotten to a point where Cassian decided they would leave tomorrow - wether or not it snowed, he didn't care.

She dreaded the thought of sharing multiple nights among their journey being cold and anger filled, not necessarily towards Cassian but certainly to the spymaster.

Ember didn't even need to put in her relentless objectification to them winnowing.

It wasn't even the fact of Cass probably having to hold her through it - it was the inevitable sickness feeling that churned within her stomach at the very thought of it.

The spymaster had decided for them not to continue her training until they were back, which she found very convenient timing.

Ember gathered it was either because he didn't want her to cause as much trouble at Windhaven, or purely the fact he couldn't stand her presence - she couldn't decide which.

In fact, she hadn't seen much of anyone.

Not that she was wallowing in her room, but merely the fact that the House had seemed to have gone quiet.

Feyre and Rhys had returned to their Townhouse, himself placing enough trust in the others she had gathered to keep an eye on her.

She missed Feyre terribly, and even found herself wandering into her painting room to admire her paintings every once and while after she visited.

Amren was there back and forth from her apartment, Ember herself struggled to comprehend the fact that they actually all had separate homes.

Obviously Cassian and Nesta stayed, undeniably the spymaster also, and she sometimes wondered if Elain was in her rooms, for she did not see her often.

Instead, on this particular evening, Ember found herself wandering after dinner around the House.

Not in search of anything, more just out of boredom.