Chapter 39 | Unwinged Vows

AN: Hey again guys, how are we all?
Hope you all had a lovely Christmas break!

I'm sorry I haven't posted much, I was going to try over the Christmas holiday but literally couldn't find the time at all and just lost a bit of motivation but hoping to get it back into it just for you guys :) Back at uni now so when i get chances I'll make sure to update.

Hope you enjoy this chapter - as an apology for being soo slow recently lol, I've given you a bit more of a treat to enjoy ;)

Also, has anyone seen the new Avatar movie? If you have please let me know if it's good! I wanna go see it lol.

As always, enjoy!

——————————————————————

TW: Bad Language, Gore, and Violent Depictions and Sexual Themes

Song: One More Light ~ Linkin Park

'Should've stayed, were there signs, I ignored?
Can I help you, not to hurt, anymore?
We saw brilliance, when the world, was asleep
There are things we can have, but can't keep

If they say
Who cares if one more light goes out?
If the sky of a million stars
It flickers, flickers
Who cares when someone's time runs out?
If a moment is all we are
We're quicker, quicker
Who cares if one more light goes out?
Well I do

The reminders pull the floor from your feet
In the kitchen, one more chair than you need oh
And you're angry, and you should be, it's not fair
Just 'cause you can't see it, doesn't mean it, isn't there.'

Chapter 39 | Unwinged Vows

Azriel

"She's holding strong General; your High Lady is a fighter, but the labours are yet to come." The nurse barely finished her sentence before she grabbed the towels from the desperate looking Cassian and vanished through the door again into Feyre's chambers.

Gods.

No cries were heard yet, but it did not stop Azriel from flickering his wings in tedious movement as he thought about how unprepared they had been.

Been for Feyre's birth despite it being overdue, it was almost as if each of them had still expected it to be months from now, and with the timing of the attack on the Mortal Lands - his stomach felt thick.

She'll be fine Azriel - she will be fucking fine.

He already knew the latter.

Cassian rubbed his temples harshly as Azriel leaned back against the far wall, arms crossed to cover his stifling chest at the thought of Feyre in there in pain.

Rhys had been back and forth with trying to send reinforcements to the Mortal Lands and Camps and also trying to settle the second lords of each of the courts with their despairs with the war. Az had tried to help with some, but he was quickly instructed by his brother to go keep watch of his wife.