Moments We Knew // C.B.

Pairing: Colin Bridgerton x Fem!Reader

Warnings: female reader, courting, courtship, fluff, cute, mentions of food and drink, the British Museum is mentioned (I have to apologise for that lol), kissing, pining, instant love, love at first sight and all that jazz.

Word count: 4k

----------

One:

"Miss (Y/L/N), would you do me the honour of saving me a spot on your dance card?"

Your eyes widen at his words, but you nod your head regardless, unable to deny the blue eyes and sweet face of Colin Bridgerton.

"I shall find you soon," He promises before walking away, leaving you to question the last few minutes of your life.

You had spoken to the Bridgerton before; had dined in their company too, but you had never danced with one. It was to be something you would never forget, that was for certain.

Strolling around the ballroom, you truly did not hold much hope for tonight. Having been out in society for a few seasons now, you did not think there would be much interest tonight bar the Bridgerton who had kindly asked you to save him a dance.

Sighing softly, you reach the table covered with glasses of lemonade. Reaching for one, you eye the couples already taking to the floor for the first dance of the evening. Eager young hopefuls, all curious to know whether they would meet their love match tonight.

A flicker of excitement begins to stir as the music begins the couples start to twirl across the floor; the women's skirt billowing out from under them as the men look every dashing in their suits. You think to Colin, wondering briefly where he is as you think of how it would be to dance with such a man.

"Did you save me that dance?" A voice asks from behind you.

Startling slightly, you only just manage to keep hold of your glass. "I have," You reply, holding up your dance card where Colin's name is written.

"Perfect," He grins, "Shall we dance now?"

"Why not?" You answer, placing your glass down and taking his open hand.

Colin's hand is soft as he places it on the small of your back, pulling you to him ever so slightly. Your hand rests on his shoulder whilst his free hand wraps around yours. Your skin tingles in all the places his hands rest; it's an addictive feeling, you come to realise.

The band strikes up and the couples on the floor begin their dance. Colin begins to lead you with confidence; evidence of his upbringing alive in the way he directs his feet whilst holding you steady. Dance lessons were a must for all offspring of London society; it was not a gendered activity.

"How are you finding the evening?" Colin asks, leading you across the floor.

"Am I to be truthful?" You ask, smiling coyly at the brunette.

"I find that would be best," Colin responds, his own sly smile written across his face.

"Then I shall have to say that I was rather bored until you asked me to dance. This is sure to be the highlight of my evening."

Colin spins you out before replying. "How odd," He murmurs quietly though you hear him perfectly over the band, "I was thinking the exact same thing."

A startled laugh leaves you at his words; one that Colin finds himself joining in with as he continues to lead you around the ballroom. Many couples watch on; curious to know what it is that has you both laughing and smiling the way that you are. You find yourself delighting in the act that you are to have a secret with the third eldest Bridgerton; a secret you could revisit whenever you wanted.